Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

EstherWeis

Vendor
No bagpipes in my house on sunday, helas.
You can wear a kilt if you like. Only if I can wear my banana suit though
:)

I had a fella attempting to play the bagpipes under my window in Bruges at 4 PM whilst staying there for a week.
I almost dumped a bucked of water on his noggin.

He told me his wife didn't allow him to play them at home. I told him I didn't alllow him either...
Man, those things are LOUD!

And yes, stoofvlees is def. better than haggis.
Yuckie

This Fat Tire pairs well with this Tom Gomez semi-colado.
CIMG1656.JPG

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have to like the bagpipes. I'm Scots-Irish and my 5 brothers-in-law play them. In fact, played at our wedding. They are loud for sure.
It depends on what the player is playing ;)
I've been in Scotland several times and have not seen many bagpipes players.

This Fat Tire pairs well with this Tom Gomez semi-colado.
Nice!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hot and tired finds me enjoying a vtg. straw fedora and sampling a micro-brew from up on Lake Superior, MN (Two Harbors) - Castle Danger Ode IPA (https://castledangerbrewery.com/beer/ode/). I took my fiancé, at the time-wife today, on a date to this establishment long ago. In nostalgia I picked the beer up at a liquor store. Total impulse purchase. Hey I like it! Love my wife and enjoy the "first date" beer. All is good and right with the world at this moment.

i-2PR9538-M.jpg

This beer has flavor and aroma at the forefront, ending with medium bitterness. "Citra, Azacca, Amarillo and Centennial hops lend bright citrus and tropical fruit in flavor and aroma." Excellent warm weather IPA.

i-JXHB5Cb-S.jpg

Just wait until my wife gets home! Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Finally got home and enjoying a quiet"er" moment. I opened a bottle of Italian Lambrusco. Not all sparking Lambrusco's have to be very sweet. ( http://www.casalivini.it/en/shop/lambruschi-en/il-lambruscone-emilia-igp-lambrusco/). For todays 90+'F and high humidity it is a perfect luxury beverage. Supernatural Ecuadorian Milan on my head and a glass of Italian Lambrusco, 8 ice cubes, all is right with the world. I do not have the correct glass and have broken tradition by using ice - no worries at my house today.

i-MnDJ6FL-M.jpg

i-PFH4Cct-M.jpg

Ahh, Eric -

Is that coffee any good?
I've tried starbucks... it's a meh... probably I'm used to expressos.
Most of the time...it really depends on the barista I think. I just drink espresso drinks too. This is what they call a Depth Charge which is a Long Black, a double shot of espresso pulled into a cup of black coffee. For their espresso drinks & their ice coffees I would give Caribou Coffee a good rating, certainly better than Starbucks. I don't drink any foo-foo coffees so I can't judge them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran