Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Rumad

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments Alan. I really enjoy Colkegan Mesquite Single Malt.
The glass is a Japanese Edo Kiriko diamond cut whiskey glass. Expensive but you can sometimes find a deal on eBay.

https://masuhome.com/collections/edo-kiriko-collection
I checked out the Masu website. They really are fantastic. I think it’s funny that you’re drinking out of that beautiful glass and I’m sitting here sipping rye from a glass I bought in Kroger for $1.98 lol. Definitely adding Masu to my “must get one day” notes.

I checked out the Masu website. They really are fantastic. I think it’s funny that you’re drinking out of that beautiful glass and I’m sitting here sipping rye from a glass I bought in Kroger for $1.98 lol. Definitely adding Masu to my “must get one day” notes.
I only have the one glass, not a set. I collect vintage whiskey & saloon glasses. I knew what the Edo Kiriko was & I bought this one off eBay. For all I know it could be a fake but it’s worth what I paid to me even if it is.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
After 9:00 pm HH for me and some work colleagues. The IRS will see tonight as a work meeting. During lots of work talk and a terrific meal I enjoyed a Clown Shoes, Rainbows Are Real beer. https://clownshoesbeer.com/beer/rainbows-are-real/. This hazy IPA has a lot of citrus taste with a mild bitterness. I would buy this for home.

i-FzLFVZc-M.jpg

Home and I enjoying a walkabout in the 37'f warm evening. Sipping a Clown Shoes Belgium Waffle. This Belgium IPA has a good balance between hop and yeast aroma.

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe

One Too Many
My pizza making has changed forever. I had a rusty old piece of 1/2 inch steel cut for me at a local place. Filed it, sanded it real purdy. Gave it an acid bath and seasoned it 5 times. It changes everything.
View attachment 594103 View attachment 594104
An after dinner digestif. This amaro is not very good, we’re basically drinking it to get rid of it. Need a bottle of Nonino but they were out when we last dried up. It’s been a very very rough day, the hard stuff will certainly be out soon. I hope y’all have a way better day than we have. Peace.
View attachment 594105
That crust looks amazing. I’ve been lazy & using store bought crusts of late. I use a pizza stone. Do you think cast iron beats a pizza stone?

A friend & I tried out a new microbrewery & winery for some day drinking yesterday that he knew just opened. Enjoyed an intelligent conversation & tour with the owner who has some yrs of industry experience. He has 10 brewing tanks &. plans to keep 5 regular brews & 5 in rotation. My current favorite was his Irish Red Ale (5.8% ABV) for Saint Patrick’s Day. I also tried a rice & barley Lager (6%) which was clean but unremarkable, & a malty brown Ale spiced with cinnamon & clove (5.2%). All under a Resistol doubleX.

IMG_9846.jpeg

IMG_9847.jpeg

For spirits he has established relationships with regional craft distillers & will be serving their whiskies. I told him what I like & how I drink it. He first poured me a shot of Rye3 Cigar Series Rye which is a blend of Rye3’s rum cask, madeira cask, & narania cask finished ryes, then the blend is finished in French Oak casks. Very good for a rye but probably not a regular for me.

He next poured me a shot of some 2009 Murray Mcdavid Half & Half Scotch whisky, a blend of 50% Speyside & 50% Lowland Scotch whisky finished in the US in hogsheads previously filled & used by MOOR Brewing Co. Citrus with a hop.

But my favorite was a dram of Waterford Irish Single Malt Rathclogh Edition. Lots of complexity that I look forward to exploring & learning more of, especially as Saint Patrick’s Day is approaching.

IMG_9845.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am a whooped guy tonight. I drove home from work physically and mentally tired. I am feeling ore refreshed after sipping a Surley Supreme (pilsner). It is not the beer, but the ritual of an evening walkabout sipping a beer that works for me. Or at least I think tonight. Tomorrow I suspect will be wake up and have acetaminophen. I hope you folks have a relaxing ritual that brings you back to the "now."

i-n3wRK5w-M.jpg

I may head inside and refill my glass. I do not intend to sound as if I am complaining as today was truly very satisfying and rewarding. As the word work says it all - it was work, hard work.

Cheers to all, Eric -

I really enjoy the Irish season of Saint Patrick’s with all the Irish Ales & whiskies. It goes by all too quickly. So I spent HH enjoying some Irish Ales under my Knox American Royal Arminto clone.

IMG_9878.jpeg

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_9877.jpeg

Then home to finish off a bottle of Esperanto Tequila shipped in a two bottle case not long ago. After all, it is Tequila Tuesday.

IMG_9881.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9882.jpeg

Closing with the best video for an Esperanto commercial ever. Count the bottles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner