Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

The Shoe

One Too Many
I’ve heard good things about Whistler Double Oaked. Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! It’s early. Hair of the dog…& all that. Smoke those Irish Peterson pipes. Better pics later.

View attachment 600300
View attachment 600299
Thanks Jack. The only Irish whiskeys I’ve had prior to this are Jameson, Tullamore Dew and Busker. I may have also tried a Bushmills at some point. So I don’t have a lot to compare this to, but I think it was a step or two up from those ones. We enjoyed it and consider it one we may buy again, but not one we absolutely must buy again. I’ll try to give more details on the flavours I get next time I drink it.

The Shoe

One Too Many
The ‘Peated Malt
Old Ballantruan
Speyside Glenlivet

From what I gather from a quick search, I don’t think this is made by Glenlivet, but rather made in the same area within the Speyside region. It was recommended to us by one of the staff at a liquor store In Osaka.
IMG_1767.jpeg

Wearing my Hornskov Rancher.
IMG_1768.jpeg

Trying to get off the iPhone and iPad (apart from The Lounge) as much as possible, and get back to reading more. Once upon a time I was a voracious reader.
IMG_1769.jpeg

The whisky is smoky, punchy and floral with just a little sweetness and the right amount of burn. Great for the price.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I did not see any sleeping folks in my yard tonight Jack. I surmise I am not a dive yard drinker. Cheers Jack!

i-qGj4Vmb-M.jpg

Yesterday and tonight I am enjoying my usual a Surley Supreme. Yesterday I took an afternoon off. Truth be told I did imbibed a couple. It was a totally enjoyable occasion. This evening I enjoyed the one. Water accompanies my late dinner salad.

Cheers to all, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Pickle beer. Yes. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, Wi has a pickle beer.

i-qhnZzPp-M.jpg

Very entertaining beer. The briney and sourness of pickles I do really enjoy. I enjoyed a pickle beer on a 90'f day this past summer. Today the pickle beer was just good. Tonight the beer definitely had a dill pickle lingering after taste. The smell of caraway, dill and pickle was upfront. I stay with an entertaining beer. Not an everyday and not a cold weather beer. I think I was missing the 90'f weather. Summer beer is what I surmise tonight.

I am following this up with a dry stout - Guinness.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Continuing a theme - Guinness and Harp were my choices at the end of last week.

i-rLPKT8t-M.jpg

Tonight I continue the theme and enjoyed a Guinness.

i-2pLhX6L-M.jpg

I will only admit to a limited audience that I did "over" buy a quantity of Guinness. I do have to invite some folks over this coming weekend to assist me in working my way through my beer refrigerator. Oh yes, and enjoy time together. ;)

Cheers, Eric -

Grand Mayan XA doubles neat under a Stetson Playboy Royal for Tequila Tuesday. Followed up at home with Wild Common Tequila Blanco @ 100 proof.

IMG_0020.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0023.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0018.jpeg

“Sometimes you run into people who change your life for the better. Those people are called ‘professional bartenders’.”

StoryPNW

Practically Family
As an anniversary present my family gifted me and my wife a membership to the Hop Heads Beer of the Month club. We get 4 bottles/cans of 3 different beers to try each month. My first beer was the Living The Dream Brewing Company's 7-Speed IPA. It was really good and I'm looking forward to trying the rest.
20240326_175353.jpg
20240326_185833.jpg

Harp Premium Lager brewed in the Pilsner style. Now owned by Teeling Distillery, brewed by Guinness/Smithwick. Very mild & not much to offer in either aroma or taste. A bit dry in the aftertaste but not as bad as Guinness. 4.5% ABV. Wore my Resistol 3X felted edge to an early MLB opening day HH with the KC Royals hosting/losing to the MN Twins.

IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

“Good to see kids getting their minds off their smartphones & video games, & back into real sports again.” And beer.

IMG_5528.jpeg

Last edited:
Well this was a disappointment.
I’m always interested in Quads because of their high ABV, but most of the time they are disappointing.

Speaking of disappointment. Home brewers used to experiment making beverages with EverClear grain alcohol or beer & adding it to Gatorade. That was the basics, anyway. Usually blue Gatorade which would turn green. The finished beverage was called Hoppin’ Gator Liquor or Hoppin’ Gator Beer.

Some microbrewery whose name I have since forgotten has brewed an IPA & Gatorade mix that has resulted in a salty tasting cleaning fluid. Some of life’s lessons just can’t be learned the first time.

IMG_0060.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon I got home from being in the wilderness with friends for a few days. After getting everything unloaded there was still time to get out for a couple doubles of Tesoro Maya Reposado Tequila & relax, even though we had plenty to drink on the trip.. So smooth & relaxing.

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner