Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Being on the go earlier I only had time for some QT coffee with my Northwest Hat.

i2iyav.jpg

rvx8xf.jpg
Beautiful, Jack! What color is the felt on that one?
Thanks Red. Because of the cold light it is photographing bluer than it really is (look at the white coffee lid). The color is Granite Gray which is really a versatile color.

I had a feeling that was the case. I have a Granite factory hat coming from John Penman this month, and a custom Penman is about 4 weeks early so I should have that coming soon, too... the custom is in steel, a grey with serious blue undertones/highlights in the felt.

I'm anxious to get both in hand...

In any event, that NW Hat is perfect, and that's been my experience with everything I've had Mike Miller do for me.

Mm25

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliment! I enjoy all the little nuances of premium whiskies & tequilas consumed neat, so I don't often drink cocktails or mixed drinks. Because of the heavy peat Laphroiag is hard to pick up on all the little nuances of taste. Ardbeg is not bad, Lagavulin 16 is my favorite for peat smoke.

For my tastes Highland Speyside distilleries rule!
Speys all the way!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
And??? What say you?

24zj2i1.jpg
After that last tequila revuew of yours Im still as speechless as Joao so I'll just say its very gentle for 90 proof and goes down easy with lots of toasty flavors. No real "sweetness" like I notice in some of the 80 proofs. At $23/750ml, it will be my go to till I tire of it.
Ps. Mike Miller suggested I try it. :)

After that last tequila revuew of yours Im still as speechless as Joao so I'll just say its very gentle for 90 proof and goes down easy with lots of toasty flavors. No real "sweetness" like I notice in some of the 80 proofs. At $23/750ml, it will be my go to till I tire of it.
I've got some here at home. I bounce back & forth between BT & Woodford Reserve for the basic bourbon I keep.

Next try Knob Creek Single Barrel, then Weller's Special Reserve in that order.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I've got some here at home. I bounce back & forth between BT & Woodford Reserve for the basic bourbon I keep.

Next try Knob Creek Single Barrel, then Weller's Special Reserve in that order.
Drank Knob before but I don't think it was the single barrel. Never had the Wellers. I'll put them on my hit list. What abt Blantons and 4 Roses single barrel...?

I hope to like it since it costs more than double of a old #7.:eek:

Joao, I think I spoke to you before about JD being a customer of mine years ago and living nearby in Tulahoma, TN. If you are a fan of JD, I doubt they put out a product that you won't appreciate. TN whiskey is a unique product, with JD being top of the line, according to many. I'm more of a a fan George Dickel white label.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I think I spoke to you before about JD being a customer of mine years ago and living nearby in Tulahoma, TN. If you are a fan of JD, I doubt they put out a product that you won't appreciate. TN whiskey is a unique product, with JD being top of the line, according to many. I'm more of a a fan George Dickel white label.
Until now keep them coming :)
I do hope their single barrel rye gets here.

I tried Jim Beam (Kentucky) but I still prefer Tennessee.

Drank Knob before but I don't think it was the single barrel. Never had the Wellers. I'll put them on my hit list. What abt Blantons and 4 Roses single barrel...?
Knob Creek Single Barrel will be a big step up from Knob Creek. I like KCSB better than the Wellers Special Reserve although in theory it probably should rank the other way around.

No experience with Blantons.

Buy yourself a present to enjoy the holidays with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara