Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
From Wiki:

Etymology[edit]
Of uncertain origin.

• Possibly a shortening of "cup of jamoke", from java + mocha: this origin was given in a military officer's manual from 1931, around when the term first appeared.
  • Alternatively, perhaps a use of joe ‎(“fellow, guy”), signifying that coffee was the drink of the common man.
  • Another theory suggests that US soldiers in World War I (1914-1918) referred to a serving of instant coffee made by the G. Washington Coffee Refining Company (founded in 1910) as a "cup of George", and that the common abbreviation of the name "George" ("Geo.") was then read as "Joe".
  • Another theory derives the term from Josephus Daniels (1862-1948), the Secretary of the U.S. Navy who abolished the officers' wine mess and thus made coffee the strongest drink available on ships. Snopes considers this is unlikely because it says there is no attestation of the phrase "cup of joe" until 1930, 16 years after the 1914 order banning the wine mess. Confusingly, some other sources consider the Daniels derivation unlikely for the opposite reason: they say "cup of joe" predates the order.
As far as Tootsie Pops, everybody knows the answer is "Three."

Jamoke, Mook and Mamone. 3 of my neighborhoobuddies.
Law firm?

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Lol. My paisanos.

A black THC 30X with a Caribou long black.

IMG_8661.JPG

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That's a good thing,Joao,they still serve it hot as h--l and occasionally spill some on your hand as they deliver it :eek:.
I drink a lot of coffee Joao, but I don't think I've ever drank a bucket full...now whisky might be a different story!
Here they will serve you an expresso. That thing you buy is a bucket compared to our tiny expresso ;)

Love that hat and band, HJ. Every time I see one of your posts like this my first thought is always, damn Jack, don't spill any coffee on that thing.
I always get everything ready for a picture then remove & place my hat last. As soon as I take a picture or two I immediately replace my hat on my head where it stays at all other times anyway. My dog is with me most of the time & I make sure she is busy or content with something before I remove it. She's behind me & won't jump thru into the front seat anyway.

I've never been one to lay my hat around much or even reach up constantly adjusting it on my head.

And finally I think my dog has a good idea of what we are going to be doing, what chores or errands we are going to be doing by the hat I choose to wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic