Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

You really have me interested in the Tex-Mex style. Whenever I go out for Mexican food, I usually drink Negro Modelo, but I like Dos Equis also. I usually throw away the lime. Maybe I should rethink this.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I drink Negra Modelo & Especial both but this place does a great job on preparing the Tex-Mex style & the Amber is great. Plus they refrigerate their shot glasses so I usually have a couple shots of Tequila after my dinner. Good stuff!

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I drink Negra Modelo & Especial both but this place does a great job on preparing the Tex-Mex style & the Amber is great. Plus they refrigerate their shot glasses so I usually have a couple shots of Tequila after my dinner. Good stuff!
Don't get much better than that! Maybe some menudo for later.

Desert dog

Ha Ha, not me! There's a Mexican Cafe here where they make menudo once per wk or so. When they're making it I can't get within 3 blocks of the place!
One of my dad's drinking buddies was Mexican, and made the best menudo. He would cook it for many hours. Parties at their house was a blast! There is a Mexican cafe/take out, near me that has pretty good menudo, but not like Lou Trujillo's!

One of my dad's drinking buddies was Mexican, and made the best menudo. He would cook it for many hours. Parties at their house was a blast! There is a Mexican cafe/take out, near me that has pretty good menudo, but not like Lou Trujillo's!

No offense to anyone but I think the only way I could ever try it would be to hold my nose & sop it up with a hard bread roll.

Desert dog

My mother is from Mexico. There are 2 things she is exceptional at making. One of them is menudo, and the other is chicken mole. Both recipes are generations old. If I had to choose a last meal between the two, it would be very difficult!
I also love chicken mole. Don't tell me she made good tamales too!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Enjoying a couple of Dos Equis Ambers on Taco Tuesday, served Tex-Mex style with lime pulp & salt around the rim of a cold 16 oz schooner.

View attachment 103882
Greetings All:
Sheez!!!....I REALLY gotta stop watching this thread!! I retired from it 14-15 yrs ago but damn!!! Looks goood! Ha...more hats i guess!! Lookin for my Big Book...
Be well. Bowen

Mallory by Stetson & some Caribou coffee.

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Greetings All.
HJ, love the mule kick and crease. Is that a “brick”?? Fine looking hat!
Be well. Bowen
Thanks Bowen. It's a deep brick crease. I've gotten recently to where I like the brick as something different. And I like the flange with just a slight bit of cup (call it an A cup) on this style hat. In the pic with the hat on the dash you can see a bit of the Sage undertones with the Sand Peble. I wished the color photographed better.

Here's another one of my bricks:

IMG_0528.jpg

Desert dog

Thanks Bowen. It's a deep brick crease. I've gotten recently to where I like the brick as something different. And I like the flange with just a slight bit of cup (call it an A cup) on this style hat. In the pic with the hat on the dash you can see a bit of the Sage undertones with the Sand Peble. I wished the color photographed better.

Here's another one of my bricks:

View attachment 104961
HJ, you do the nicest brick creases I have seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot