Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Burlington Coat Factory

warbird

One Too Many
The fur felt Huckel is a nice hat for the money. I'm not big on their lines lower than the Huckel, but it is a nice and comfortable hat. They also have nice British drivers and such from time to time at excellent prices. it very hit and miss.

Mug

New in Town
I've picked up two so far from BCF. A black fur felt Huckel and an unmarked navy blue one with grosgrain sweatband, also fur felt. Both are tapered and have low crowns, but look very nice. Both have wide brims. The Huckel was $20 and the unmarked one (my favorite) was only $7.90.....it was discounted AND on sale.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
My latest BCF was a light grey fur felt, made in Eastern Europe, with a brim as big as a cowboy hat. However, there is not the least bit of stiffener in the hat! I'll probably cut it down to a 2 5/8" brim, and replace the fabric sweatband with leather. (Oh yeah, it was on final mark-down for $6.)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
My latest BCF was a light grey fur felt, made in Eastern Europe, with a brim as big as a cowboy hat. However, there is not the least bit of stiffener in the hat! I'll probably cut it down to a 2 5/8" brim, and replace the fabric sweatband with leather. (Oh yeah, it was on final mark-down for $6.)

Nice! Definitely post pictures when you're done with it.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Stopped in last week and picked up FOUR Huckels - two bound brim, two raw edge - for about 11 bucks apiece. Now, I'm just not sure what I'm gonna' do with 'em!

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Last time I was at BCF, they had very few felt hats, and the vast majority were wool. They had plenty of the paper straw, and they had some felt caps and such, but not much else. Once the weather starts cooling down, I'm gonna check back, as I assume their selection is seasonal. And the last hat I got there that was fur felt, is now my favorite shapeless green felt cone :p

K

kpreed

Hello all,:)
I do not of a BCF around here, but I do know of one back home and next visit I will check it out for-sure.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
kpreed said:
Hello all,:)
I do not of a BCF around here, but I do know of one back home and next visit I will check it out for-sure.

Next time you're in metro Denver you might check out BCF in Aurora (I-225 & Mississippi). I was just there the other day. New supply of nice hats. I bought a nice grey wool felt fedora for $20.

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
After reading this thread, I swung over to BCF downtown after work and got a good score. I'll definately be making this trip every payday or so to see what I can find.

1338396445_e1252eaef8.jpg

1339281108_e350450b56.jpg

1339281030_59b46e2532.jpg

1339280972_132d7d895d.jpg

It's a little floppy, anyone got advice on how to stiffen it up a bit?

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
hmm, could be, I've never had one this soft. I was actually really stoked when I found it, cause A) I've never had one this color, and B) They sold it to me for 20 bucks cause it had no tag, so they priced it the same as the cheaper wool hats. The brim is very malleable, and molds into cool styles easily.

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
It's actually a strange color brown, in light it almost looks Peach, but in the camera and in a dim room, it looks like a light brown. Kinda cool actually, it's like a chameleon hat :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
It's 9:00 Saturday morning, and there is absolutely no action on the Lounge. So, I guess I'll go to Burlington Coat Factory, and see if I bump into any of you guys there.

Starius

Practically Family
This thread makes me wish I could go to a Burlington's Coat Factory.

But the closest ones to me are Omaha, Des Moines, or Minneapolis.
:(

fatwoul

Practically Family
VegasMike said:
It's actually a strange color brown, in light it almost looks Peach, but in the camera and in a dim room, it looks like a light brown. Kinda cool actually, it's like a chameleon hat :)

Hats - or fabrics - with certain red and blue dyes in them do that, because the dyes are slightly IR and UV responsive respectively. My Fed Dlx does the same thing, to an extent, because you can see the brown does have some red content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner