Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Burlington Coat Factory

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
tandmark said:
Hey y'all, It'd be horrible if such a lovely couple ever had to divvy up their hats. Don't even joke about it! :) Cheers, Mark

Mark, Thank-you. It's really a shame that most folks associate "community property" with divorce. It is actually a benefit of MARRIAGE. It means the two persons are equal owners. When a divorce occurs, the court takes what was "community property" and turns each item into somebody's personal property.

Dee and I are both delighted that we have community property. Hope this calms any fears. :)

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
First in Birmingham

My wife needed a coat, so today we hit up a new (to us) BCF for the first time in our new home of Birmingham ...

Many more hats than any store in Orlando, but they only had one fur felt fedora in the store .... a peach-colored in exactly my size! I almost bought it since it was only $20, but I just couldn't see it matching anything I wear. At all.

In fact, it looked good on the shelf and I actually picked it up and carried it around for 45 minutes, but as I saw it in the different lighting around the store ... I realized just how "peach" it was and couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

Maybe next time I'll just buy it anyway ;)

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

Too bad for most of us. It appears that Daffy's is located only in the NYC & NJ area.

Check Chestnut Street in downtown Philadelphia. Daffy's commands a busy corner, and has lots of cheap -- er, affordable -- stuff.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
VegasMike said:
It's a little floppy, anyone got advice on how to stiffen it up a bit?
I realize that I may be a bit late in answering this, but I hadn't seen it before. I just got a BCF fedora last week. It was a little big and pretty floppy. (Take the remainder of this for what it's worth, as I'm a rank amateur when it comes to hats.) I decided that I wanted to thoroughly steam it to get a nice brim and crown on it, so I put a baker's cooling rack over a big pot of water, popped the crown up and set the hat on the cooling rack. Got the water to boiling, and just let the hat sit over the pot for a bit. The hat shrank up a bit and the wool felt also stiffened up nicely. The wool felt feels both stiffer and thicker. So now I have a new hat that not only fits, it feels like thicker felt! I'm quite pleased with the results, but pros and experts, please let me know if I've just gone and totally messed up my new hat.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
This is wierd. Several times I tried clicking on the Daffy's link above. Each time I Got "This page cannot be displayed." So I did a search, and pulled up the site: http://www.daffys.com/ Then I came back to this thread and , once again clicked on Daffy's in both places above, and it now works. Go figure. [huh]

Dr Trinidad

One of the Regulars
Huckels

I finally found a decent Huckels at the BCF today its tan with a raw edge. The only problem with it is that everywhere the ribbon is tacked down the ribbon is faded in that spot. So now I guess I have to decide if I want to live with it or try changing my first ribbon change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner