Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on TV

RBH

Bartender
782d3cb65180add18010aab70ac402cd.jpg

Very true. You need to catch him in Gone Are The Days on Netflix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I'll certainly watch it.

Seeing Boone in the buckboard reminded me of a similar character & attitude he played in one episode that I know of in The Rifleman. Couldn't find a pic.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks like Optimo supplied that hat. Their already made models on display are majority the low crown with lots of taper. The custom ones seen on this site are not that style
My post was answering the question "And what if the Nazis had won the war ......" Nothing to do with who actually made the hats for the show.

I watched this & enjoyed it. Sort of reminded me of "Unforgiven". When the doctor told him he was at the end of his trail it reminded me of when the doctor told Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer) in "Tombstone" that if he wanted to keep living he was gonna have to give up his women, drinking, smoking & gambling. To which Holliday replied, "Get out of my face!" Or words to that effect.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I watched this & enjoyed it. Sort of reminded me of "Unforgiven". When the doctor told him he was at the end of his trail it reminded me of when the doctor told Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer) in "Tombstone" that if he wanted to keep living he was gonna have to give up his women, drinking, smoking & gambling. To which Holliday replied, "Get out of my face!" Or words to that effect.
Great hat. He had a good lookin horse too with a great name, “Tantrum”!

Morgan Woodward - the villain Matt Dillion couldn't stop killing ...

WM_Featured-image.jpg

He appeared in 19 Gun Smoke episodes in 10 years and Matt killed him in most of them . It was a record .
I always loved how the same actor would turn up in different parts in those old series. And nobody ever said, "Hey, you look familiar!"

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The big hit video game of the fall was Red Dead Redemption 2, which is set in 1899. While not entirely 100% historically accurate, there is a lot of attention to detail. The game follows a gang of outlaws on the run from the law and encroaching society. The main character is Arthur Morgan (my version below has mutton chops) and he wears a leather hat as his default outfit setting, which always irked me. I had to "borrow" this hat from one of the in game Army officers. One of the antagonists, Micah, has a matchstick in his hat band...I wonder if a c&d is coming? :D The game maker did actually get sued by the real life Pinkertons for their (apparently unlicensed) fictional depiction.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
The big hit video game of the fall was Red Dead Redemption 2, which is set in 1899. While not entirely 100% historically accurate, there is a lot of attention to detail. The game follows a gang of outlaws on the run from the law and encroaching society. The main character is Arthur Morgan (my version below has mutton chops) and he wears a leather hat as his default outfit setting, which always irked me. I had to "borrow" this hat from one of the in game Army officers. One of the antagonists, Micah, has a matchstick in his hat band...I wonder if a c&d is coming? :D The game maker did actually get sued by the real life Pinkertons for their (apparently unlicensed) fictional depiction.
I'm trying to "finish" GTA Online to continue RDR2.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
That's because they always wore different hats so no one would recognize them. :D

It's mainly because most things aired only ONCE and disappeared. There were very limited reruns before shows went into local strip syndication. Not to mention that there no specialty cable channels, VHS recordings, DVDs, streaming services, YouTube, etc., where you could watch stuff repeatedly. Or, check out every series episode Wiki articles with a cast list and synopsis! Of course they could cast the same actors, because even if they seemed sorta familiar to viewers, there was no easy way to find out if they'd already been on the series as a different character.

This is something that younger folks - even ones pushing 40 now - have great difficulty understanding: how totally ephemeral TV episodes were before the seventies.

I'm always bemused at young Star Trek viewers who get freaked out that it's so "obvious" that it's a stuntman rather than William Shatner in fight-scene long shots. Yeah, it's obvious when you repeatedly watch HD remasters on a 40" monitor and freeze-frame. But the way we watched Trek when it first aired was seeing an episode ONCE... on a 19" black & white TV with lame 525-line resolution... and snowy antenna reception!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner