Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats with a black leather jacket

Python

New in Town
I have three leather jackets and am wondering what color hat you think would go best.

One is a black leather sports jacket, the other is a black leather 3/4 length coat and the other is mostly black with dark brown trim.

Suggestions?

Regards, Jim

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Python, It would help if we could see pictures. After a few more posts, you can attach photos. In the meantime, you've got a lot to work with. Several colors go with black leather (black, grey, dark blue, blue-grey, light tan, taupe...). The black coat with brown trim opens up the possibility of brown hats, as well (You could also wear brown shoes with that outfit.).

The best way to go about it is to try as many hats as possible with each coat, then wear what you think looks best. (When the world isn't watching, you can try any combination you want.) :)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I have a couple of black leather jackets, nd I usually wear a dark gray or black fedora with them. However, if one of your jackets has dark brown trim, that opens the possibility of a dark brown hat. Also consider what else you wear. Black leather works with clothing of most colors, so the rest can effect your hat choice.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Black leather jacket with a brown hat ala Adam Savage.

64309.1.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

KhalilSheikh

New in Town
I wear a dark gray fedoras (with black band) with everything. They go as well with my black leather jackets as easily as my vintage brown/russet A-2's.
By the way, I'm glad to be on board. My first post!

nulty

One of the Regulars
mazeta said:
I wear a dark gray fedoras (with black band) with everything. They go as well with my black leather jackets as easily as my vintage brown/russet A-2's.
By the way, I'm glad to be on board. My first post!

This pretty much sums up my philosophy. My fedora inspirations come from guys who only owned one maybe be 2 hats at a time. Whichever hat they were wearing that day went with whatever else they were wearing....

Dark Gray hats are great that way......

KenS

New in Town
Black & Brown?

I have a faun colored hat that I wear with a black leather jacket sometimes and it seems to look OK. I'm not a style conscious person, so you'll have to decide for yourself.
Best Regards, Ken.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
You're on to something. The browns that go best with black have a medium intensity, like fawn or taupe, or a red cast, like cinnamon or russet. Tan is just blah, and dark brown is too close to make an impression.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Doh!, Now that's a beautiful example of how to wear black and brown together. Well done, sir!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Is that a bust of Steve Allen, one of the smartest men of all time?

Doh!

One Too Many
Why, thank you, Mr. Marcus!

Yep, that's Steve Allen. Taken, ironically enough, at the Steve Allen Theater.

kschurch

Vendor
I have two beautiful A2 leather jackets, but don't wear them with any of my hats to avoid the "Indiana Jones" tag.

However, I must say the other members in this thread look great in the combination. Do you all deal with the "Indy" label when wearing leather and a nice fedora?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
kschurch said:
Do you all deal with the "Indy" label when wearing leather and a nice fedora?

The leather jacket doesn't seem to be a factor, based on my experience. The hat is enough for those who feel the need to vocalize their... well, I won't get nasty here. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy