Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heavier Material...

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
For those of you following my clothing venture, I've just sourced some heavier wool blend material that will give the look, feel and drape of a vintage wool suit. The stuff is a 14oz. wool cashmere that feels a lot like one of the vintage wools I have. It's about 20% synthetic, which helps to keep the cost down a bit, but still give appearence of pure wool.

A three-piece suit, for example, would end up being $450 (with shipping). The bad news is that it only comes in solid colors, but there's a pretty good range therein (almost a dozen respectable colors).

I've also found some nice wool tweed material that I've used to make a tweed coat:

mc-prof-main.jpg

I could use this same material for a full suit as an alternate to the solid colors mentioned above. It's only an 11oz weight, but has some nice patterns to it:

mc-swatch-2010.jpg

If anyone's interested, drop me a line.

Kind regards,
Indy

http://clothiers.indyprops.com

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Have you thought about using the types of wool used for reproduction army uniforms to make suits or overcoats? There are reproductions of British, American, and German uniforms from the Civil War up to WWII which use a very heavy weight of wool. Some of the wools are too rough for suits, but could be used for work clothes.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I'd sure love to see you make a three button peaked lapelled tweed! Or a double breasted high cut 30's tweed! Maybe even a tweed three piece knicker suit!

Work on the Belted back look! That's a profitable venture if you can nail it spot on!

The fabric is looking good and as Vlad mentioned, the fabric used for the uniforms are good for work clothes and some for suits. Good 30's work wear is getting popular these days!

Keep it up!

=WR=

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Wild Root said:
I'd sure love to see you make a three button peaked lapelled tweed! Or a double breasted high cut 30's tweed! Maybe even a tweed three piece knicker suit!

You and me both! Unfortunately, I need to find guinea pigs to have these new styles made. I can't just keep getting new suits for myself now, can I? ;)

I've got someone interested in a single-breasted, peaked suit with matching double-breasted, peaked waistcoat. I really hope it works out as this is one of the designs I've been itching to make. I'll keep you all posted.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Keep up the good work... As more orders come in aI'm sure we'll see more style and more variety. Thank you for working on bringing back some of the classic looks.

Hopefully I'll get to see one of those suits in person. I'm more concerned about the fit than the details.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Report back to us Matt on the fit. The price isn't bad at all for a new suit, if it is fully canvassed it is a great price. The 20% synthetic sort of worries me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot