Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HIMEL BROS "CHEVALIER"

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Chevalier has landed!
It's a thing of beauty! The brown Shinki is amazing, stitching is great, love the blanket lining, and most importantly the fit is absolutely perfect!
Here are a couple quick and dirty pictures, i will try to post something more in depth next week or so.

The only small negatives i can think of are the fact that i cannot take it off without unzipping the sleeves, and my OCD wishes the belt was better sized and would fit snug on the middle hole.
Small details i know, but this is the lounge isn't it? Other than that i am loving it!

otu1wYq.jpg

hy4HkP2.jpg

Very impressive fit! Don't remove it in public or people will discover your secret identity! :D

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I really dig those massive rivets at each end of the

i think these pics may find their way into Wikipedia when you query "How should a leather jacket fit?" I assume (as fast as it came) it's a standard size...that's pretty damn impressive. Is the color close to Cordo?

Unfortunately i have never seen Cordo in the flesh.

It's a very weird colour, it can go from plain brown, to almost black with artificial light, to somewhat aubergine... When compared to my black Shinki it really isn't that obvious to tell them apart, nothing like black and brown CXL.
I will take better pictures sometimes this week when i have good light and time to edit them properly. I'll do my best to get more accurate colour rendition.
Might do a full photo update of all my jackets actually, since all the pictures were on Photobucket... Pictureless threads are sad!

Powerband

Practically Family
Disclaimer : pardon my English, I didnt use any translator...

Considering I got this jacket early april, it's high time i eventually write a review about it !

First of all, this is not my first Himel bros Jacket : 3 years ago I got myself this amazing Avro 2tone, which I love (but must let go because i want to order a new one with more generous measures;-)

And I've always been a fan of Himels work and philosophy.

Dave has been creating new patterns for few years now and I've always been attracted by the Buco J31 Topflite, or the early Leathertogs aviation jacket, inspired by 19th century militay uniforms : A very assymetrical closure, and a cossack collar.

Dave Himel's take on this model is overenlighted by this gorgeous design at the back, and of course the quality of his leathers, and of the craftsmanship.

I had my doubt, wondering what the jacket would look like when open, but after sneacking for pictures of it over the web and Himelbros's FB page, I decided to take the risk.

So, I contacted the Master, gave him my updated measures, and he responded very promply. I had a business travel planned in april to Toronto, and asked him if I could come over and pick up my jacket, which he agreed.

The jacket was finished on schedule (just before his team of craftsmen would go for several weeks on vacation!)

I came to Toronto and Dave was very welcoming, friendly and nice (eventhough he could'nt help but notice I was wearing a S....t jacket when I arrived, and demonstated me how awfully it was built and what a crappy leather it was made of:-D)

We had a wonderfull time speaking af all sort of things including jackets, and he gave me THE jacket, fitted me in it and it was just perfect !

All measures I gave him were ok, and the Chevalier fits me like a second skin !

I ordered it in dark brown Shinki with brass hardware all over. David even added an inside pocket, which is useful, as the jacket has a very « sober » pattern.
I asked for his japanese wool lining.
View attachment 74660 View attachment 74661 View attachment 74650 View attachment 74651 View attachment 74654 View attachment 74655 View attachment 74656 View attachment 74657 View attachment 74658 View attachment 74659

I wore it during all my journey to Canada, and had nothing but compliments about it, and how beautifull it is. I'm very lucky to work as an artist, and so not having to worry about social conventions. I gladly wear uncasual stuff, and feel good about it.

Bug enough talk, let the pictures speak by themselves.

This is the first time I saw this thread and its accompanying pictures of the Himel Bros jacket.

JESUS! THAT’S I’M SPEECHLESS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first time I saw this thread and its accompanying pictures of the Himel Bros jacket.

JESUS! THAT’S I’M SPEECHLESS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. This is one of the jackets that has planted itself into my brain. I am hoping it falls out sometime but doubt it. Stunning jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner