Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros jacket, 1st winter update

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
And his last post he yet again blames his staff for not rectifying the situation. What a bozo. I suppose his desire to assert his false authority just blew up in his face in what can only be described as spectacular fashion.
Where did you see that

Where did you see that
IMG_4908.jpeg

Kongotronics

New in Town
This is just ridiculous. I don’t think negative reviews should be aired like this but given how the OWNER of a company is acting in response, I hope anyone who plans on getting a himel in the future should glance over these threads.

Apparently everyone here is a bitter old man or a troll. I mean I’m pretty new here but the amount of information and knowledge leads me to think otherwise.

Also has anyone asked him why it’s okay for him to tear down other companies, but when someone does it to his jacket suddenly it’s bullying?

mlx

New in Town
He has implied that “we” (The Fedora lounge people) are getting paid to “bully” him.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Kinda hard to follow what's going on there since a lot of posts have been deleted, but the himelator would be better of not commenting at all - he's not promoting his brand or himself there.

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
my bet is he was drinking a little to much yesterday. he finally clicked and deleted all his comments. Hopefully no one screenshoted them for his sake. That was a bad day For him.
Wow! Kinda hard to follow what's going on there since a lot of posts have been deleted, but the himelator would be better of not commenting at all - he's not promoting his brand or himself there.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
As already commented, it makes a big difference whether you switch from a (former) jacket collector to the business of a jacket manufacturer without understanding this business. In addition, it is a matter of character how one behaves as a businessman, which in this case leaves something to be desired. Even though monsieur has an extraordinary collection of leather jackets, he has not yet understood how to translate this into his business in terms of quality, which is a shame. The constant badmouthing of other manufacturers also reveals his attitude and character, which is a shame. The guy had everything it needed and failed miserably, what a shame.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are elements of his points I might have had sympathy for (like people being happy with a product then deciding quite a while later that it was faulty) if his own marketing wasn’t based on things like posting pictures of Aero jackets with comments about poor construction and stitch count. If his own marketing and persona was based on “I just really love this stuff” or even just ”My stuff is the best” without the side dose of “everyone else’s product is filth”, people wouldn't expect him to hold to the perfection standard.

Lost Worlds does the same strategy but they seem to be able to back it up more (not that I think Stu’s rants about other makers are any more valid than Himel’s). Both makers seem to have a history of people receiving either amazing customer service or hideously bad customer service, with little in between.

EDIT: Typo.

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner