Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel's Latest Heron

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HimelHeron1_zps75e25493.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Love it. Right jeans, right attitude, you're fine. It'll break in really well (girlfriend hates it btw lol). The blanket lining interests me. Does any one who has a jacket with one give us an idea how warm it is? Is it less toasty than an Irvin but more than, say, alpaca?

Last edited:

zhz

Practically Family
Love it. Right jeans, right attitude, you're fine. It'll break in really well. The blanket lining interests me. Does any one who has a jacket with one give us an idea how warm it is? Is it less than an Irvin but more than, say, alpaca?

I have a denim jacket with similar lining...I'd say it as warm as the alpaca Aero use, but not as warm as B10

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought the two-tones were a bit too much until I saw Casechopper's, which looks great on him. As was said above, with a little breaking-in and the right attitude it's a very cool jacket.

IXL

One Too Many
Love it. Right jeans, right attitude, you're fine. It'll break in really well (girlfriend hates it btw lol). The blanket lining interests me. Does any one who has a jacket with one give us an idea how warm it is? Is it less toasty than an Irvin but more than, say, alpaca?

I will say that it depends on the blanket used. I have several blanket-lined jackets (rather common in Cowboy Country) and they range from "not much difference" to "bloody hell, this is warm!" The really warm one has a thick Pendleton wool blanket lining, and the not-much-difference ones have what appears to be thin man-made blankets.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's warmth does limit the use of the jacket. I'm not sure whether I'd have a blanket lining if it was to be my only leather jacket, but I like them as an usual feature. Why don't you like them, Tony?

trapp

Practically Family
I think the two-tone is fantastic and will look great down the road as it "brightens down."

The blanket lining doesn't hold much appeal. Those stripes are too loud against the bold shell - I'd prefer a solid color.

Generally speaking, while I know there is a place for blanket and alpalca linings, itchy interiors don't hold much attraction for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot