Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel's Latest Heron

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I've generally found that the old 'take a light wool lining and layer your jumpers' approach works best up here, with a sheepskin in reserve for once it gets damn cold.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sloan, I see you've been getting hit pretty hard so far this winter. Which jacket do you find yourself reaching for most often?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, the rain's travelling horizontally past my window at the moment, so today will definitely be the LHB! :D But to be honest, I've been split evenly between it and the Irvin depending on how wet it is - the LHB has the light wool lining, but stick a woolly jumper under it and you're good to go. With the Irvin, I could step out on chilly day wearing just a thin top under it and not feel the cold.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I'd take it in two-tone or with the blanket lining but not both. To me the blanket lining evokes a more rugged/utilitarian look, which the two-tone does not. Just my worthless opinion

Plumbline

One Too Many
I had an Aero Longshoreman and an Alexanders Long Rider ... both lined in Lochcarron blanket. The longshoremen ( Lochcarron Wool Blanket) was half way between the original shearling lining ( 3/4" shearling was too fluffy on a short leather jacket IMHO ) and the alpaca lining. The Long Rider was lined in Lochcarron lambswool blanket and was almost perfect but it bobbled terribly and I traded it in for my Lavant Strome lined).

I also had a oilpull steer Highwayman relined by Aero ( old management) in a grant tartan wool blanket and it was an ace jacket .. one of the few I wish I'd kept :(

For me ..

Braireach mid weight Lochcarron tartan for summer.

Alpaca is no warmer than Strome weight tartan and is more itchy than the tartan ... so it's strome weight tartan ( early spring - early winter) ... the exception to this was the old - almost corded - heavy Alopaca Aero used to use which was as heavy as a blanket but itchy as hell ....

Blanket or shearling winter ( snow or below zero)

I used to do jumpers under leathers ... I now do T-shirts or shirts at worst ... a jumper feels like too many layers and I just wear a more suitable jacket :(

On the Himmel .. awesome construction ... but I'm not a fan of twotone .... would be stunning in plain colour ( black or brown)

trapp

Practically Family
I took a peek and didn't see it.

Are you seeing the Heron's made of Harris Tweed? Those are much less $$ than his leather Herons...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot