Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"His Kind of Woman" finally set for video release!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The great gem of a Film Noir "His Kind of Woman"(1951) starring Robert Mitchum, Jane Russell and Vincent Price gets it's long overdue debut on DVD July 18th from Warner Home Video. It's part of volume three of the Film Noir Classic Collection. The other titles in Volume Three are:
Border Incident (1949)
Lady in the Lake (1946)
On Dangerous Ground (1952)
The Racket (1951)

Vincent Price really steals the show as the hammy actor who gets involved in a real life crime drama but plays it like it's just another part in a movie...in this movie. This one's almost a parody of Film Noir. Neat film.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Racket 1951 is a great film

The Racket is a great film, with Robet Mitchum and Robery Ryan....Great Noir cop film. Really a must have. Also has Robert Conrad in it (Cannon fame).

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Andykev said:
The Racket is a great film, with Robet Mitchum and Robery Ryan....Great Noir cop film. Really a must have. Also has Robert Conrad in it (Cannon fame).
It seems that any Noir with Robert Ryan is worth watching. A great underated actor. Just when I was trying to stop spending too much money on DVDs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic