Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for the quick Photo shots
I've made ​​myself a Christmas gift before.
I found this stetson on Ebay and got him.
Its a Stetson Premier Model Boulevard..
Any idea how old.
in Germany produced, but maybe the same Model gives in US

stetsonpremier.jpg

stetsonpremier1.jpg

stetsonpremier2.jpg

stetsonpremier3.jpg

coble

A-List Customer
great sketch coble, you have a good hand for drawing
i do have an art page on facebook, pm me and i'll send you the address.

great looking stetson chepstow. I see a few other hats in the background, definately like your head stand, it looks really nice as well.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thank you coble for your kind words. In the background you see a little selection of Hats on my Loudspeaker. A Akubra Down Under, a german Stetson, and a grandezza Stingy brim.
My Hats are all over in the apartment. Most in the bedroom.:D

RobStC

A-List Customer
Thanks, guys. I just hope I can wear it in public without attracting odd stares. haha.

I suspect most of the stares would be of the 'quietly envious of your degree of self condidence' sort, and also of the "why the heck can't I look that cool?" type of stare..... Go for it - the world needs more of this sort of stuff :cool:

Last edited:

Wojo

Familiar Face
I thought I new what a 'homburg" was. I believed it to be a hat with center crease, no dents and a curled brim. After viewing the pics on this thread I'm a bit confused. A little help clearing this up for me, please!

job

One Too Many
There are slight variations of a homburg. The one a few posts up has more up sweep than most. A western style will have a wider brim and may have dents.

billyspew

One Too Many
I thought I new what a 'homburg" was. I believed it to be a hat with center crease, no dents and a curled brim. After viewing the pics on this thread I'm a bit confused. A little help clearing this up for me, please!

I think you have to ignore the creases and dents, that's personal preference.

I would classify a homburg as a soft crowned felt hat with a stiff pencil curled brim.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1. You see a lot of various creases on homburgs in old photos. Soft crown and bound pencil curl for sure. Various crown heights and brim widths acceptable. Does the curl have to be stiff? Without the binding on the edge, my understanding is that it falls straight into the "Lord's hat" category.

Wojo

Familiar Face
The homburg will be the next furtherance of my newest addiction. The addition of a couple of creases or dents really change th look anf feel of the hat. In a good way. IMO

I would say center crease is standard with side dents optional. If you go back in this thread there is some good historical info on the origin of the Homburg. In the early days (late 1800s into the first 1/4 of the 1900s) there really wasn't much difference between what was considered a Homburg and what was considered a Fedora. Also both names are Anglo / American based same with the Lords Hat.

Last edited:

Wojo

Familiar Face
Worked my way through about 25 pages so far. I am really starting to desire one of these hats. I do agree with some posts about it taking some time to get accustomed to, coming from plain "teardrops". Those feelings will pass. @mayserwegener I must say the hat you have as your icon/avatar is outstanding. Hope you won't mind if a have it copied for myself.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran