Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Depot Installation scam

android

One of the Regulars
I have learned one thing in life when it comes to tape. If it doesn't say 3M on it, throw it in the trash. That's masking, packing, adhesive, acid-free, double-sided, whatever kinda tape you want. (Scotch tape is a 3M brand.)

No, I don't own any 3M stock, but I just might go out and buy some!

Mycroft

One Too Many
android said:
I have learned one thing in life when it comes to tape. If it doesn't say 3M on it, throw it in the trash. That's masking, packing, adhesive, acid-free, double-sided, whatever kinda tape you want. (Scotch tape is a 3M brand.)

No, I don't own any 3M stock, but I just might go out and buy some!

If you can spare the cash, gaffers tape is just as good.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Mycroft said:
RF, I meant that you are somehow related to a lawyer. Sorry my jokes are a bit off at times.

Nope... it's always nice to lie about having a relitive who practices law when you think someone's screwing with you.

Also, feel free to use the phrase "Thank Goodness! I was worried that I whouldn't have enough to write about for my column for Consumer Reports this month!"

Michaelson

One Too Many
Mycroft said:
It is too expensive for my tastes, but I like to use it for shows backstage, if I can, and if I am not footting the bill.

Fortunately, I operate a set of classroom video studios, and gaffers tape is a must and part of my stock and trade. But I agree...I can't afford it on a personal purchase basis myself! :rolleyes: Good stuff, though. Leaves absolutely NO residue, and probably would support a tank, if required. ;) Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner