Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
After much delay (haha), here's that porkpie conversion that I've gotten a lot of compliments on:

20160415_115253_hat only_500x283.jpg

Scotty, there is. I use it myself.

2n6x76e.jp

That's for inserting from a hosting site, no? To upload a photo to the FL, however, you have to do it with the Upload a File command. I usually use that over the hosting site option for two reasons, the most important is documentation. If the FL is to be a repository of information and history preservation, it should, in my mind, be located on the site. There are many photos hosted by third parties on this site that are dead links. I'd love to see some of those photos from several years ago of hats posted by Loungers, but the links are dead and they are no longer there.

The other is I also post from work often, and utilize my work laptop at home as well. My company has this thing wrapped tighter than an airport sandwich, which means most third-party hosting sites are blocked (photobucket, tinypic, etc.). I have to pick up my iPhone to see your photos, HJ.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Scotty, there is. I use it myself.

2n6x76e.jp
I don't see your picture on a Windows Phone either, Jack.

Edit: The reason I don't see this particular picture is, that you have pasted a wrong address into the field. You forgot a "g" in the end. You wrote/pasted: "http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6x76e.jp" - but it should have been: "http://i68.tinypic.com/2n6x76e.jpg" ;)

I agree with Fruno, though. Third party hosting is a severe problem on sites like this. It should be avoided when possible :)

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Off topic: Do any of you have the formatting menu above the input area, when posting from iPhone or Android?

On a Windows Phone the menu bar is not visible when posting in the threads. When sending a PM (Conversation) it's there ... Hmmmm ...

Off topic: Do any of you have the formatting menu above the input area, when posting from iPhone or Android?

On a Windows Phone the menu bar is not visible when posting in the threads. When sending a PM (Conversation) it's there ... Hmmmm ...

I can't do things like italicize or bold on my phone. However, I figured this was Tapatalk, not the phone.

As far as the hosting sites, the one concern I have is storage and bandwidth. I have no idea who pays for the upkeep of this site, storage space, or maintains bandwidth. Whoever it is, I than them, as they are the keepers of this information and somebody is footing the bill!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I can't do things like italicize or bold on my phone. However, I figured this was Tapatalk, not the phone.
No, it's a design-choise. The first really bad choise I've encountered in the new version.

Very ofte we pay web content ourselves with our privacy. If information from TFL is being sold, I don't know, though.

The same goes with apps for phones. That's the reason I would never use Tapatalk. To download it I have to grant it free access to everything on my phone. I allow the people behind to upload all my contacts, pictures, videos and SMS conversations. I also grant full freedom to start/stop sound and/or video capture and upload of the files.

I only trust people to a certain degree - beyond that I get very cautious ;)

That's for inserting from a hosting site, no? To upload a photo to the FL, however, you have to do it with the Upload a File command. I usually use that over the hosting site option for two reasons, the most important is documentation. If the FL is to be a repository of information and history preservation, it should, in my mind, be located on the site. There are many photos hosted by third parties on this site that are dead links. I'd love to see some of those photos from several years ago of hats posted by Loungers, but the links are dead and they are no longer there.

The other is I also post from work often, and utilize my work laptop at home as well. My company has this thing wrapped tighter than an airport sandwich, which means most third-party hosting sites are blocked (photobucket, tinypic, etc.). I have to pick up my iPhone to see your photos, HJ.
I use tinypic but I don't host anything there, so I don't know what you want to call it. I don't need to host anything in an album anywhere, it's free & it works for me.

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Regarding the title of the thread:

Guys seem to love it. Girls give mixed reviews. My wife absolutely hates it. Too bad for her I'm about to order another hat (fingers crossed that the Australian dollar goes back down a little bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the title of the thread:

Guys seem to love it. Girls give mixed reviews. My wife absolutely hates it. Too bad for her I'm about to order another hat (fingers crossed that the Australian dollar goes back down a little bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had anyone say they don't like my hats. Hopefully the missus will come around.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I use tinypic but I don't host anything there, so I don't know what you want to call it. I don't need to host anything in an album anywhere, it's free & it works for me.
In this case "hosting" means, that you upload a picture to a third party site - TinyPic. You can then link to the picture from anywhere - i.e. here on the Lounge. The picture is then hosted by TinyPic.

If you instead use the "Upload File" button, the picture is uploaded directly to the Lounge. Then the picture is not hosted by a third party site.

Hope, that cleared up the lingo ;)

Last edited:

Knotten

Practically Family
Went with my wife for a quick trip to the grocery store tonight. I grabbed my modern Premier Stratoliner on the way out the door. As we walked into the store, a sweet elderly lady in a wheelchair stopped us.
"Oh, I love a man with a hat!" she said. "My husband always wore hats. I just think it makes a man look so nice."
She went on to describe some of the hats he wore, including a Stetson she said made him look like a banker. She said he had died a few years ago.
"I've kept them all," she said. "I'll never part with them until I die."
She was so sweet I didn't have the heart to ask her what his size was, or whether she would remember me in her will.
But then she gave me a great gift. She looked at my wife and said, "You are so lucky to have a man who wears hats!"
All the way home I was explaining to my wife how I could make her even luckier by buying more.

RJR

Went with my wife for a quick trip to the grocery store tonight. I grabbed my modern Premier Stratoliner on the way out the door. As we walked into the store, a sweet elderly lady in a wheelchair stopped us.
"Oh, I love a man with a hat!" she said. "My husband always wore hats. I just think it makes a man look so nice."
She went on to describe some of the hats he wore, including a Stetson she said made him look like a banker. She said he had died a few years ago.
"I've kept them all," she said. "I'll never part with them until I die."
She was so sweet I didn't have the heart to ask her what his size was, or whether she would remember me in her will.
But then she gave me a great gift. She looked at my wife and said, "You are so lucky to have a man who wears hats!"
All the way home I was explaining to my wife how I could make her even luckier by buying more.
:rolleyes:

g.durand

One Too Many
Last Friday night my wife and I were going out to dinner. I was wearing my Penneys Marathon straw hat. At a street corner a guy was sitting on a bench. While we were waiting for the light to change so we could cross the guy says "Do you have a quarter you can spare?"

Me, tersely: "I don't have a quarter."

Him: "That's a nice hat."

Me, still wary: "Thanks."

Him: "I'll give you a dollar for that hat."

Laughs all around.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari