Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you store your purses?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Help! I have purses everywhere! I haven't the foggiest how to store them aside from hanging 15 on one hanger! :eek:

So tell me ladies, how do you store your purses? And what about clutches?

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Mine are everywhere and I think they breed in the dark lol . I have some in the wardrobe, others on the bottom shelf of my vanity. Some on the floor of the bedroom and yet more in plastic crates. So in other words, where ever I can fit them.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
I'm in the same boat as you are. I keep my vintage purses that I don't use that much safe in a set of dwars and I have a couple hanging on the wall and one that's made out of a cigar box sitting on my vanity for decoration until I use it again. I guess I just have them scattered :p some help I am :p

Shearer

Practically Family
I haven't counted in a while, but I'm around 50 purses right now. I don't want to think of the money I've sunk into purses :eek:

And I'm bad. They're taking up the top shelves of closets. I try to put expensive ones and vintage ones in purse pajamas (the big bags that come with designer ones), but otherwise... nothing special. I use plastic crates, like goldwyn girl, to store my shoes, but I'm running out of room for plastic crates now :eek:

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
i have all of mine on a high shelf that runs the length of my closet, even the hanging ones so that they don't get worn from hanging.

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Oh boy! So far no good!

lol Well, feel free not to take advice from the gal storing hers in a dark closet...

But I think that if you just keep them free of dust.. keep leathers and plastics away from extreme cold and heat... and try not to crush any molded or shaped purses you'll be in good shape.

So... basically in a giant medicine cabinet ;)

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
I have two wicker baskets on the top shelf of my closet holding purses. The purses I keep tucked away in their purse bags. I also buy flannel and custom make them for the ones that didn't come with. 2 are in pillow cases. It sounds like a lot but I actually only have a few bags because I don't think I could take care of them all properly if I had much more. I take them out at least 2x a year for cleaning/conditioning.

One of my friends has never thrown away a purse and now has an entire closet devoted to them. Overflowing. If I recall correctly, she uses hanging shoe/sweater caddies to help her out, like this:

31PCH6VVERL._AA280_.jpg

P.

Sunny

One Too Many
I don't have too many, but the ones I use are on an arrangement like this:

Except that mine are plastic and not anywhere near $25. My parents got them for us many, many years ago, and they've never broken. I hang jackets, scarves, pajamas, belts, boots (tied together by their laces), bookbags, umbrellas, hats - you name it. I've got two, one about waist-high for long stuff, and one a couple of feet above that. The upper one is where I hang my bags.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have a little wire standup rack in my spare room where most of them live, although the more frequently-used purses are at this moment hanging on my office doorknob. The only ones I keep Under Cover are my evening bag, because satin and dust are an unpleasant combination, and a dark-blue fabric '40s casual bag that will turn sickly purple if exposed to the sun for too long!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
pssst... those knobby racks sunny posted show up in thriftstores ALL THE TIME!!

right now my purses are everywhere since i just moved into a new bedroom. the plan is to line them all up on a shelf, instead of being stashed in random spots.

Etienne

A-List Customer
About a month ago I purchased a few yards of clear plastic at Joanne's Fabric Store. I roughly measured each of my purses and cut the plastic into envelope shapes for each bag. I simply folded the plastic so the fold was on the bottom, and the excesss for the flap was at the top, and stitched the sides on my machine. Each bag is now protected and I can see through the plastic so I know where each one is on the long shelf of my closet. I stuffed wadded up tissue inside each to maintain the shape. It works GREAT! Good luck, Pink!

Rosie

One Too Many
Mine are stored on a tope shelf that runs the length of my closet, unless I've used them over the past week, then they are in the living room, on the dining room table, on the bench in front of my bed, etc.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have 4 shelves in my room that run the length of one wall - three of those shelves are all purses. I also have a chrome rack I hang certain bags from. I have too many bags. None of them live in their dust bags because if I can't see them I won't use them.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bookshelf

I have them lined up by color and style on a bookshelf. There are 40 on there now but I haven't gathered all of my purses from all over the house.
I also store my crystal which I use everyday on another bookshelf. About $30on sale at Kmart but you might need help carrying it to the vehicle because it is bulky and heavy. Easy to assembe, no help needed. :)

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Mine are tucked inside one another like little Russian Nesting Dolls, and then by the time they're all tucked in together, they only take up the room of the two largest beach bags that I have. Gotta cram it all together somewhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner