Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of you did hide a new leather jacket purchase from wife?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, because a jacket is so much better than a wife...Not.

Oh, truth be told I wasn't actually thinking about jackets. A friend of mine has - and there's no other way to put this - the uncanny ability to collect instruments. Go take a walk with him and you can be sure that someone will offer him his old harmonium or a portuguese guitar or whatever (he also happens to be a very good musician and can play a lot of them). This ability turned into a problem after he married. Most of the time he doesn't even need to pay for these instruments but still his wife is...well, let's say less than enthusiastic about this ability of his so he somehow has to try and sneak them in (difficult with a harmoniums or reed organs!). I've seen some hillariously funny - and dramatic - scenes staged by the two of them. But I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of her talking-tos. No, sir, I wouldn't. ;)

Doesn't seem to be a huge problem as long as there are just as many packages going TO the post office as there are coming FROM the post office.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Can't wait to have to hide my jacket purchases from my wife instead of my mothers... On my 10th jacket already, so any woman who'll start dating me will know the jackets are part of the package.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I'll just hang 'em on the wall as I do now :) my entire bedroom is packed with leather boots, gloves, jackets. You can imagine what the place smells like ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy