Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of you did hide a new leather jacket purchase from wife?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I hate that whole "women and shoes" stereotype. I have more shoes than most girls I know, and I'm far from atypical in that respect in the circles I've long moved in.

You move in unusual circles then! I'm a veritable shoe collector with two pairs brown dress, one pair black dress, one pair runners, one pair deck shoes and two pairs military dress.

Most women I know have more than that made up of one colour of one style. No, I don't think it's a stereotype at all, certainly not in Canada.

a1a

New in Town
We should revive this thread and re-label it "How many of you have had your wife say to you "Hell yes you should buy that 15th A-2 because it has a brass zip instead of a nickle zip"!

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
A1a, that's gotta be one of the funniest posts of all time.

Edit: although i do prefer nickel zippers. So that part should be the other way around!

a1a

New in Town
Thanks, it's somewhat of a true story. I might be slightly exaggerating about owning 14 A-2's at the time (but not by much) but I tried to run the "zip finish" rationale by my wife of 27 years and she looked at me like I had three heads.

alsendk

A-List Customer
i have Knowing my present wife for 6 years, meeting her on a business trip to Beijing, we never argue about money. When the common monthly expenses are being paid, we separately have some pocket money to be spend for whatever we choose to buy.
Last month I bought an ALC Irvin flying jacket, and she bought a new laptop computer. No trouble at all, when having economy arranged this way I believe. It just demands that both husband and wife are making an income of money I guess.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My wife never gives me a hard time about what I buy, nor do I to her. However, When a UPS or FedEx shipment is incoming, it is easy to divert the shipment to a respective UPS or FedEx facility for P/U there. If one has sufficient number of jackets, most wives will hardly notice (maybe).

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I have so many Jackets as long as i can intercept the package & get it in the house with no trace of the packaging. I can blend it in with the rest of the herd of jackets....
Sorta sneeky but she does not raise hell if she intercepeted the package so i just try to keep a low profile... Now if its a Areo that i have to be honest up front.. she can tell the diffrence between a similar vintage jacket but a fancy repop well i have to tell her....... & every year or so i will surprise her with a vintage HH jacket for her.....keeps the peace in the home & she loves the jackets i get her,,,,,,,,,,and finding a vintage HH in a womans is tough quite rare to come by

Last edited:

TomS

One Too Many
My wife is much smarter than I am. She would uncover the truth, and I would look more silly than I usually do during one of her inquests...lmao!

Windward

Practically Family
Hide a new leather jacket purchase from wife? - No!

This Method works ....
CanIBuyAnotherLeatherJacket.jpg
.... most of the time. :D

CeeDee

New in Town
I put my jackets on 1/3 cash, 1/3 a credit card, and 1/3 my personal debit card. Insurrection has no problem with me doing this and they know I'm doing it to hide my purchases from my wife. Haven't been caught yet!

Well..again...it seems quite jokingly acceptable and even enjoyable to possition oneself to sneak past wives who must somehow dominate what a grown man should and shouldn't buy. Perhaps there has been marriages such as this passed down for ages..but surely for some of us (or is it just me?)..I still don't understand the pleasure of playing that game.......[huh]
HD

jps79

New in Town
I would never hide a purchase, but I am very creative in finding reasons why I really need to purchase these awesome jackets (even if I already own lots of...)

wild_balls

Practically Family
She thinks I am crazy buying and selling jackets back and forward, I just say I am waiting for the right one and then I will keep it! Just like I did with you my love, I use to say! IT WORKS!!! ( for now )

Cheers Joakim

too much coffee

Practically Family
She thinks I am crazy buying and selling jackets back and forward, I just say I am waiting for the right one and then I will keep it! Just like I did with you my love, I use to say! IT WORKS!!! ( for now )

Cheers Joakim

Sometimes it's easier finding the right woman than finding the right jacket. The jacket is easier to get rid of it you don't like it and less expensive than getting rid of the woman!

Joakim...............keep the Vindaloo warmed up.

Regards,
coffee

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey Coffee;

I'm dreaming with that Vindaloo in Sweden too... on the coldest day ever, so I can wear my B-3 in all of ts glory!

Yep, the colder the better. I don't have a B-3 or an Irvin. I'll break out my Filson Double Mackinaw. Hoosier Daddy is going to be cold running around in his loin cloth. Butte will be OK...he's sort of used to the cold coming from Montana. We'll just have to get him some manly winter boots and tell him to leave those California Dreamin' brothel creepers behind!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran