Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I dressed in modern clothes for the first time in ages today

Maudelynn

Familiar Face
I won't be doing that again any time soon, if I can help it.
I felt weird... and invisible.

Do you feel that different between the times when you wear modern, and when you wear vintage?

geekgirl

New in Town
I have purposely started wearing more "modern" styles like jeans (or really pants at all) when going out on weekends with my teen. She isn't such a fan of the heavy handed historical look that I do on a daily basis. I don't completely give it up, but do tone it down for her comfort. It's not all bad or uncomfortable. Plus it does give me a bit more variety in my wardrobe & encourage me to think beyond my "stock outfit". Otherwise I feel like I am always wearing the same skirt-shirt-sweater combo just in different colors!

Chole

Shantel Morris

New in Town
I feel a pretty big difference between how I feel when wearing vintage and modern clothes. I find when i'm wearing vintage I have more motivation to dress up. Probably because I know people will likely be looking at me a bit more then if I was wearing a T-shirt and jeans.

It also makes me feel more confident because I don't usually have time to dress vintage, and the extra care to details makes it almost a special occasion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails