Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i got a Luftwaffe Hartmann jackets

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
575FA78D-3228-4986-84B1-F1CEE16BD5DB.jpeg
E225F912-3E50-4F50-B3A4-6975170C7EA6.jpeg
48B34051-1149-447F-A256-106FD401514F.jpeg
3E2C20AD-C33F-4813-9AA7-A1861B7E9BF0.jpeg
046D7E4A-96DF-46FC-AF12-AB426AA9AB3B.jpeg
43CB942A-4596-404A-AC90-4B2EAEF6D19C.jpeg
6585538A-AC41-46C5-ABD3-FD0CFFF8F117.jpeg
some more...

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
View attachment 100939 View attachment 100941 View attachment 100940 View attachment 100938 View attachment 100937 View attachment 100936 View attachment 100935 View attachment 100934 View attachment 100933

Here is mine...not from Eastman and please compare...IMHO a big difference in details and authenticity if compared to the one mentioned in the beginning of this thread.... in mine no modern stainless steel buckle or parts as all repros use. Real chrome plated iron buckle, D-rings, no recent looking zips etc...Nice and comfy to wear and have.

Cooper, is that a repro-?

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Glad and honnored you are asking...yes they are and IMHO, amongst the finest...
Very nice looking repro-, I've even initially thought it was an original authentic WWII period jacket, which was made in 1940s!))

HPA Rep

Vendor
the 42R is fit real good ~i have put them side by side the jacket on 42R is not shorter much! only like 0.3~0.5 cm (few times measurement!)
the shoulder 42 is decreases ~still not too much ~and coz the leather is very good and soft.the shoulder movements is not restrictive~and comfortable!
the armspan still good amost no change from 44R(side by side measure)
so only big differnt is waist! much slimming~kind like 42Ris 44R slim Version you guys can see photo upload~ i will sent back 44R ~for me 42R is fit good keep!
i think even soft leather jacket also need break in~i mean the jacket will mod in to my body will post aft day!
View attachment 101028
View attachment 101029
I buy this jacket from TW!thx the Dr cowboy!real patient dealer!!

elevensun contacted me for help and we returned to work on the 3rd, but the weather event of the 4th slowed progress in getting back to normal, which we still haven't achieved, but I realized I needed to answer some questions here before folks began thinking I was frozen to the pond in my yard. ;-) But it now seems all is well with the world. The size 42 seems to have solved the sizing issue well and it looks great on you, so if you are happy with how it looks and feels, then you are set.

I do agree with those who suggested that the style may not have been for you simply because some of your expectations/desires seemed as though they could not be met by virtue of the style. This design and the A-2 and just about any military design I can think of were not designed to be tapered in the body for athletic builds, thus you simply cannot get a form fit from them without wearing such a small size that it will feel like a straight jacket. Personally, I think the Ostmann would serve you better than the Hartmann because the waist can be tightened even more, but this is no longer an issue if you are now happy.

The photos of your build reminds me of myself about 10 years ago, in that I was working out regularly and in great shape, so though my body measures are about the same now with a 10" drop from chest to waist, the muscle development, tone, and definition aren't what they were. :-( For me, my vote definitely favors the Ostmann, especially for those with a 10" drop, and even more so for guys my size.

I do not like the Hartmann on me because I cannot get the waist tight enough in size 40 and the jacket length is longer than I like for my torso length, but if the waist could be made tighter, I think the length issue would fall away. I've tried a 38, but the chest/armhole area is just too tight; my ideal would be the torso length and waist measure of the size 38, but chest, sleeves, and shoulders of a 40. I tend to think I'm just that one set of measures that fails with the Hartmann. I realize that a 30" waist measure is more commonly encountered on guys with chest measures smaller than mine, thus they don't have a 10" drop and wouldn't have my issue in sizes 38 and smaller, and guys with, say, a 32" waist also usually aren't going to have a 10" drop and would be fine if their chest was 40".

I've had to accept that there a few styles in jackets that just will never make me happy, and these really are few, and that buying suits off the rack will also never work. Fortunately, when it comes to the jackets we offer, I think the Hartmann may be the only style that doesn't work for me and I can't think of when we had a customer who couldn't be fitted for the same reasons.

Best of health to you as you enjoy your new toy!

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I think the size down better serves your needs. I am biased towards having a little room, but your new jacket looks pretty good. You actually nailed the V-shape fit really well. This one will probably conform to your body a little more too.

elevensun

New in Town
Thx you help!help is never too later! I will stay on Hartmann see what is like:) and there is a new Question
: coz my job as a airlines pilot, I fly over 30000ft a lot !in that ALT the sun like 10 times Stronger then ground,we like use newspaper Pelo blocked windshield ,I Personallyuse my A2 a lot ...and my A2 Change color to some kind red...is the Sun over Cook leather too much? The leather still soft like was but do feeling dry so I have yes Horse oil made by Japan on them the they change to other color like iron Rusty...is anyway can make the color back when I buy them?
Good thing is they look’s mod in my body more now:)
Pls Forget the BEACH PANTS I was wearing,Just try make it simple: ))
Befor use oil
0F8AA994-6BB9-4DA0-883B-BC9F67994F0D.jpeg

Aft use
8DFEF727-A291-4009-9B9C-F7BC8C4BE12A.jpeg
CC77348E-5CCC-477D-9CB6-E8CB455C4AA6.jpeg

Really grateful you help
4B0F837A-9F0C-421B-B0CD-98430169465C.jpeg

elevensun

New in Town
I think the size down better serves your needs. I am biased towards having a little room, but your new jacket looks pretty good. You actually nailed the V-shape fit really well. This one will probably conform to your body a little more too.
Thx and jacket still have room wearing a sweater there .this leather is real real soft!real Comfortable!

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Thx you help!help is never too later! I will stay on Hartmann see what is like:) and there is a new Question
: coz my job as a airlines pilot, I fly over 30000ft a lot !in that ALT the sun like 10 times Stronger then ground,we like use newspaper Pelo blocked windshield ,I Personallyuse my A2 a lot ...and my A2 Change color to some kind red...is the Sun over Cook leather too much? The leather still soft like was but do feeling dry so I have yes Horse oil made by Japan on them the they change to other color like iron Rusty...is anyway can make the color back when I buy them?
Good thing is they look’s mod in my body more now:)
Pls Forget the BEACH PANTS I was wearing,Just try make it simple: ))
Befor use oil
View attachment 101128

Aft use
View attachment 101129
View attachment 101130

Really grateful you help
View attachment 101131

Very nice!
Thx for sharing the photos and also the cockpit view! Che-che !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR