Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a visual aid! Rag curls?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Here is my do with the elect. rag rollers. Day old hair with Royal Crown Dressing. I brushed out the curls to create more of a page boy effect, and my abngs are still short and I used 3 rollers on top to create give the height and single curl at the end. I had six on the short side, 8 on the long side and 4 in back. It lasted all day with a light spray after brushing.

FRONT VIEW
DSC00456.jpg

SIDE VIEW, long side with curl on top
DSC00457.jpg

BACK VIEW
DSC00458.jpg

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
Rainbow said:
Hi PA Dancer....should I put the gel in my hair while it's damp, or wait until it's dry? I always get such good, helpful information here. It seems my mind goes into "stupid mode" when it comes to my hair....hehe....

I wet my hair first. (After a shower) I wrap a towel around my hair to get the excess water out, then i brush it out, then sqeeze some Dove Gel into my hands, rub em' together then run my fingers thru my hair. (At this point my hair is damp)

I then take the sections of my hair and wrap them with the rag curls and leave them in over night.

The gel works right away. I've had to re-wrap one of my curls after an hour, and the curl was all ready setting in.

Good Luck!
Ann

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Rainbow said:
Hi PA Dancer....should I put the gel in my hair while it's damp, or wait until it's dry? I always get such good, helpful information here. It seems my mind goes into "stupid mode" when it comes to my hair....hehe....

The trick with hair is TRIAL AND ERROR. You just have to play around to see what works for you! I tried setting my hair damp and it would just never dry, so now I dry set it. I originally tried diluting the Lottabody setting lotions per the instructions and it wouldn't hold and my hair would stay damp, so I started using it full strength. You just need to see what works and what doesn't - it's not something you ace right away!

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
killertomata said:
I've searched and been unable to find any images or video of someone doing rag curls. I very much want to try rag curls now that my hair is only waist length- I just had 15 inches cut and now it's easier to work with.

Reading the directions on a few sites has me a little confused so I was hoping to just see some images of someone with longer hair actually wrapping the hair in/with/around or ? the rag.

It shouldn't be so confusing! Anyone know where I can find a tutorial with pics or a video?

Did you still need some pictures?
I took a few when I did rags the other night of me setting, in the rags, and the out-come the next morning.

zaika

One Too Many
red...the more i see your beautiful hair, the more i wish we could trade! not only have you styled it in such cute ways...but like rainbow said...it's so shiny and pretty!

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
Oh. My grandmother taught me to use a cut up old t-shirt. You just cut it up into strips. You just roll up your hair in them, I use gel ( nothing specific just regular DEP gel from Walgreens) and then that's it. Big or small, whatever you'd like. Works great and is really cheap.

PS

A-List Customer
I can't seem to be able to get my ends to stay tucked. Tricks other then end papers?

Josephine

One Too Many
PS said:
I can't seem to be able to get my ends to stay tucked. Tricks other then end papers?

Are you sliding the end papers down so that your ends are in the middle of the paper? That helps me a lot. You might want to try larger rages, and fold them over your ends too.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
My mom use to use old baby socks. The ones that were only the left foot.lol lol
She would wet my hair and put some mouse and roll it up then tye it into a knot., and send me to bed. It worked better than curling my thin hair with a curling iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters