Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ID this leather jacket?

xadjack

New in Town
Hi all! New to the forums...

Was hoping to get some help IDing a certain jacket. It's i guess what could be called a cafe racer, or monza style (googling these tends to turn up similar-ish looking jacket styles).

Really like the off centre zip, and racer style collar (different from the big 'perfecto' style collars), and the ribbed shoulder area. I sort of feel like i recognise the logo / insignia shape on the jacket, but i cant place it in my head.

Anyone know who makes it, or any similar?

Sebastian_Theroux.jpg

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
To my mind it looks like a Monza or Super Monza take off but it's defo not a Lewis. I don't know the badge but it's likely to be British. The combination of lancer front and shoulder padding is quite a historically popular British style. Possible brands include TT leathers, Rivetts, Highwayman, BSA or Wolf.

Looks like it could be an older Lewis Leathers jacket...
The super Monza is similar, but no ribbing on the sleeves anymore.

Edward

Bartender
I'd guess that to be late 60s, or more early 70s in style. Popular look in British leathers at the time. There were a lot of lewis take-offs at that time... I think Lewis were pretty pricey back then too. You can pick up a lot of the other brands pretty cheaply now. Vintage Lewises command a high value, though in all honesty as leathers I don't think they are worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot