Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Im new so I apologize if this has been posted before...marilyn's makeup

OnlyOneAudrey

New in Town
JBS01.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm speechless, I absolutely LOVE this photo!

How long does it take for you to do your hair in the morning? (Or do you sleep on curlers?) BTW, I have hair that is straight as a board. (The only time I've ever been able to hold a curl is when it was permed and it looked AWFUL.) Do you have any tips for girls with hair like mine to make it look like yours?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you ladies. To get that style I set my hair on hot rollers, it's pretty much the same length all over, no layers just as Marilyns was, cut into a bob. The length was just below my shoulder about two inches longer than it is curled. The sides are rolled towards my face, the top back on an angle and the back alternate directions with the rollers in like this, llllll, I hope you understand what I mean. It took quite a lot of trial and error to find the right set. I studied MM forever, it's my job.
Here's another one,

JBS01.jpg

I had to double take on this photo.I thought you had actually posted a still of MM's.Definitely jaw-dropping and very convincing!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you, I don't look like that everyday :) and neither did Marilyn......... only for an event. When I'm "being her" I wash my hair the night before and set it straight so I have a bob. I have very natrually curly hair then I roll it on the hot rollers as far in advance as I can several hours is best for me. As for straight hair that won't hold curl I'm sure one of the girls who have the same hair type could give you some tips. Most days I look like the pics I have posted here in the past. Like this one.

F1000010.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Goldwyn you look awsome in all those pics.
I have to try setting rollers the way you explain
I hope it turns out like yours, but I'm having layers.

I see how it goes.

Like the dress in your new avatar

~*Red*~

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you, I don't look like that everyday :) and neither did Marilyn......... only for an event. When I'm "being her" I wash my hair the night before and set it straight so I have a bob. I have very natrually curly hair then I roll it on the hot rollers as far in advance as I can several hours is best for me. As for straight hair that won't hold curl I'm sure one of the girls who have the same hair type could give you some tips. Most days I look like the pics I have posted here in the past. Like this one.

F1000010.jpg

Goldwyn, you always look lovely.:D

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Roller info

The hot rollers I use are Remmington Care Setters. They have a velvet type fabric on them I have had them for years. I set the front on the one and a quarter inch rollers and the back on the one inch.
The dress in my avatar is my "new" Christmas Dress.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
goldwyn girl said:
The hot rollers I use are Remmington Care Setters. They have a velvet type fabric on them I have had them for years. I set the front on the one and a quarter inch rollers and the back on the one inch.
The dress in my avatar is my "new" Christmas Dress.

do you use any type of setting lotion or any hair products, i have never used setting lotion so im not sure if would work for this or not.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you ladies. To get that style I set my hair on hot rollers, it's pretty much the same length all over, no layers just as Marilyns was, cut into a bob. The length was just below my shoulder about two inches longer than it is curled. The sides are rolled towards my face, the top back on an angle and the back alternate directions with the rollers in like this, llllll, I hope you understand what I mean. It took quite a lot of trial and error to find the right set. I studied MM forever, it's my job.
Here's another one,

JBS01.jpg

I thought this was actually Marilyn too at first glance, you look lovely! I've tried doing the little flick under the eye but can't get it to look right :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari