Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indian leather jackets: could it be from Aero?

Dodo

Familiar Face
Recently i bought an used Indian Motorcycle & Co. Inc. leather jacket in steerhide made in UK.
I couldn't find info on the jacket, called "biker" from the seller (indeed it's similar to the aeroleather '30 halfbelt).
It's an heavy steerhide leather in russet color.
anyone here owns an indian jacket? I don't think nowdays Indian sells these jackets. Where in UK Indian produced them? maybe it was a collaboration with aeroleather?
Soon i'll post some pics of my new used jackets

Last edited:

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Aero Leather do make a motorcycle jacket called the 'Indian Ranger' which is labelled with the same
'Indian' script logo as the famous motorcycle company. Probably still on their site. Don't recall it being a halfbelt though.

Last edited:

Dodo

Familiar Face
This is my Indian leather jacket

Indiansteerhideleatherbikerjacketsmallflying36m3.png
[/IMG]

Indiansteerhideleatherbikerjacketsmallflying36m1.png
[/IMG]

Indiansteerhideleatherbikerjacketsmallflying36m.png
[/IMG]

Indiansteerhideleatherbikerjacketsmallflying36m2.png
[/IMG]

Dodo

Familiar Face
Anyone knows if this lining is wool or what else compared to other british jackets? In my jacket there is no indication and the seller couldn't tell me anything about it.
Hope you guys like my Indian jacket. I wore today, it's quite cold these days, about 3-4° C, with just a shirt underwear and a cotton scarf and it was reasonable warm even if when the sun disappeared I felt a little cold. Anyway the leather is very thick and the jacket fits me pretty fine with just the shirt, unfortunately no room for a sweater or a pullover but I knew it before i purchased it.
So any other Indian leather jacket here in the Lounge? Seller told me that probably the jacket was purchased in Japan in last '90. Anyway It looks almost new!

Last edited:

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Arrow? Nah. I think it looks more like lost worlds than Aero. Sharp lookin' jacket to be sure, but you resemble an armless manikin.

Edward

Bartender
It certainly is conceivable that it could be an Aero made for another brand. The "made in UK" label narrows it down for a start. The "steerhide" label is, I believe (from memory - currently in the office without the jacket to hand) a dead ringer for the one on the Aero steer I have. It looks very similar to my eye to the Aero 50s Halfbelt pattern.

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Made by LW ....LOL. The label says made in the United Kingdom.

Aero probably made it for one of their Japanese commercial clients in the 1990's. I was in Tokyo in 2000 and there were lots of outlets selling stuff made by Aero some of which was unique to that market.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Aero probably made it for one of their Japanese commercial clients in the 1990's. I was in Tokyo in 2000 and there were lots of outlets selling stuff made by Aero some of which was unique to that market.

Seems likely. Aero make a lot of stuff as job lots for various places, including in Japan. I don't know what their policy on producing something that will sell under someone else's label is exactly, but seeing as they definitely did just that for Levis at a time... [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24