Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Luis

One of the Regulars
Hi guys,

Just want to give a quick intro. My name is Luis (31yrs old) and I just love this site. I had gone tired of wearing baseball caps so I started wearing flat caps but I had always loved that classic fedora look from the 20s-50s tall crown.
I noticed folks were very sharply dressed, but not as much as today which I think is a shame but I can sure do my part.
Was in search of special hat to fit my head since i'm a tad on the small side that most hats won't fit. 53cm!!! what a drag. So I continuing my search, I thought well there's gotta be someone who makes custom hats and if they make a custom hat they can accommodate to my size. so after a good amount of searching I stumbled upon this site and Art's VS custom site. I noticed Art's name appeared here a lot and I put the two together.
Now I've got my first VS on it's way to me this week!!! I chose a granite, it is coming in 5.5 inch crown and 2 3/8 brim and of course beaver.

I will probably get the silverbelly next with a dark ribbon.
Gentlemen dressed very well back then and it was stylish too. Even today I think it is still stylish to throw on some vintage, it is a nice way to have class.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Welcome, Luis

I am fairly new here as well. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks!
I've been learning so much from this site. Suits, shirts, hats, the history is just amazing to learn. I must have been born in the wrong year. Maybe I can invent a time machine, snag a bunch of my silver and head back in time. I would never come back.

Luis

One of the Regulars
Welcome to both of you! Luis you will be delighted with your VS, but be warned; one leads to three... Congrats!

Thanks!
I can tell they are addictive. I read about the gentleman who has about 42 of them. There must be something amazing about them if you have that many.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Welcome Luis. May I echo hatsRme's meaning; you may end up with a nice collection of hats sooner than you thought possible. Welcome once more.

Thundercolt

One of the Regulars
Summer%20hat_zps3jjptcgi.jpg

So what's a guy have to do to lose that "New in Town" tag anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff