Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IRVIN NUTS?...the ULTIMATE thread for those who love 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
definately worth the wait! I gave her a light coat of pecards tonight, and its really helped restore some of the colour on the more worn spots, and looks really top-notch. Bring on the winter!!!

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Heres the jacket after a light coat of pecards. I'm not sure if the photo catches it, but its really restored some of the colour on the more worn spots. also interesting, is when cleaning up the hide and feeding it, the original colour of the seam tapes seemed to come out, which is almost an orange-y colour. I like it.

P6190397.jpg

irvinsuit

Familiar Face
The Sky Riders Movie on "Movies 4 Men" Channel

Guys, I tripped over this Czech made film about a bomber crew flying Wellingtons early war, perhaps 1941. It's a black and white movie made in the 1960's and although the story line was torture the flying kit on display was very interesting. Lots of Irvin jackets, trousers and flying boots on display and some really good close up views of the kit. Made it worthwhile viewing. If you have access to the "Movies 4 Men" channel then I'd suggest that you look out for this. A very unexpected find.

Thanks

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
VeRRRy 'BoSS'...

...and i'm not talking about the '60s:

Purely speaking in stylistic terms, the Hitler era Wehrmacht, the SS, and so on had an incredibly stylish aesthtic
---EDWARD

...little known fact that probably won't be found on their website, but Hugo Boss designed the SS uniforms under contract from that fun loving guy, himmLer...

those bastards were stylish...and then the aesthetics were re-iconized as the beauty of eViL when george lucas used third reichian styling

johnnyjohnny

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
johnnyjohnny said:
...and i'm not talking about the '60s:

---EDWARD

...little known fact that probably won't be found on their website, but Hugo Boss designed the SS uniforms under contract from that fun loving guy, himmLer...

those bastards were stylish...and then the aesthetics were re-iconized as the beauty of eViL when george lucas used third reichian styling

johnnyjohnny

and the connection with Irvins is?????

Edward

Bartender
aswatland said:
and the connection with Irvins is?????

Tail end of the discussion above re romanticisation of the Irvin (which led to a somewhat OT discussion in brief on why modern stuff, or that from the Axis powers, hasn't been so).

Back OT....ish.... following earlier discussion re the Irvin trousers, I discovered the other day that Cirrus are actually reproducing them (only repro I know of), though I can't claim to know how accurate they are. Can't find the Irvin Trews thread, though?

How's the black sheep Irvin breaking in - you managed to brave the heat to try it out properly yet? ;)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Edward said:
How's the black sheep Irvin breaking in - you managed to brave the heat to try it out properly yet? ;)

I am waiting for colder weather in the autumn Edward. It has been too hot for anything other than an A2 recently!

boyorastroboy

Familiar Face
Thanks for posting that, Baron! I've seen the image before, but it was a much-manipulated backdrop for a web page feature. This one's nice and clean, a great shot!

Baron Kurtz said:
Don't know if this one has appeared here yet. David Lean in his Irvin. This picture appeared in an article about David Lean in Time Out. It was also available online. On the set of Great Expectations (1946).

Looks to be a 4-panel front.

bk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran