Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Taylor's Open Road

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
You don't know James Taylor? Ah, well, he is a singer, most popular back in the early 70's, singing what I would call folk-rock or soft rock music. Married Carly Simon, another popular singer from that era. Divorced some years later.

Rockabye Sweet Baby James...

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I don't know how clean he is, but he is bald as a cucumber.

I think I've seen photos of him in other hats, too, when he was younger.

I am not fond of the Open Road with the crown like that: too presidential or too Texas banker/cattleman for me. My open road was reblocked into a traditional fedora and looks pretty good.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
I don't know how clean he is, but he is bald as a cucumber.

I think I've seen photos of him in other hats, too, when he was younger.

I am not fond of the Open Road with the crown like that: too presidential or too Texas banker/cattleman for me. My open road was reblocked into a traditional fedora and looks pretty good.

Hahahahhaha! Don't know how clean. :p
I am not too fond of that block either but I think I have already made that known and gotten beat up for it. :p I reblock my Open Roads as well. They look just fine with a fedora C crown or Teardrop. :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Stop singing BB! :p Pretty soon you were going to get to the "been through the desert on a horse with no name." ;)

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
Who is James Taylor??? Oh, god, get me my cane! I suppose some day (probably soon) people will be saying, "Who is Garth Brooks?" Taylor has been wearing hats for quite some time, for the very reason many of us turn to them -- ain't no natural protection left up there.

Michael Mallory said:
Who is James Taylor??? Oh, god, get me my cane! I suppose some day (probably soon) people will be saying, "Who is Garth Brooks?" Taylor has been wearing hats for quite some time, for the very reason many of us turn to them -- ain't no natural protection left up there.

Who is Garth Brooks? What genre does he sing in? ;) :p
I will get yout your cane in a minute. :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
The more I see the Open Road style the more I like it. I used to think "Old Man" whenever I saw someone wearing one. I remember Wilford Brimley wore one in that TV show back in the 80's...what was the name of that show, it had Shannon Dougherty, This House or something like that. Anyway he wore a Silverbelly OR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy