Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

January 15 is National Hat Day?!?!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
One would assume that the folks at The Headwear Association knows about the largest group of people who promote hat wearing daily by example, i.e., us. I notice that some of the members are from HATCO and I believe one of those is our very own HATCO. There are other members from vendors that some of us do business with.

Nonetheless, I hate to assume anything so I sent the president of the Association a note informing him (or reminding) of The Fedora Lounge. Perhaps we'll see some others from the Association visiting.

Cheers,
Tom

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
For National Hat Day, I just had to wear a Borsalino.

2zqzjvn.jpg

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Church this morning, and I dislike wearing hats in church, so I don't bother plopping one on my head for two 20 second walks to/from a vehicle. This evening, however, I will be wearing one for my praise band rehearsal and bible study. It will be a brown La Familiare velour. :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
OG - that is just a great Borsalino.

Edward - hard to take the Headwear Association seriously. I thought they were supposed to be promoting the industry, but all they seem to be able to is about 3 lame blog posts per year. With these guys doing the PR, no wonder the industry practically disappeared.

EggHead

Practically Family
I was gonna wear a beret today - super basque, to my kids school play, but decided that a 2 block walk wasn't worth it.

So I didn't go to the play.. I mean went uncovered.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
'Hat Day' is aimed at the general public, who, for the most part, don't wear hats. That's probably why it has no special significance to me, or, I imagine, most of us here.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Well, pretty damned stupid of them, then. I had no idea that it was coming up but just by chance wore my Orvis Walking Out to run to the grocery and fly fishing store. No one noticed, AFAICT, but that's probably because I almost always have a hat on when I go out.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, these types of 'event' days are created by some 'official' organization to help them feel good about themselves. It's sort of a 'Hey, look at us!' thing. There are always people like that. I'm a 'buried in the woodwork' type of guy. I'm not the type to go out of my way to fly a banner. In the case of hats, the hat itself does whatever talking it happens to do simply because it is so unusual in this day and age.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Heck of a hat, and heck of a chair!

Thanks to Yourself and DJH for the compliments as to the chair we went to Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and they had one area all red and green left over from Christmas .. In and amongst the poinsettias and different large green plants was this chair.. I thought it was perfect for the picture.........

All the different areas have chairs, benches lounges etc that fit in with the scene set in that section, great place to visit as it changes plants etc throughout the year.....

Here is another neat red and green section you could see from the opposite side of the chairs.

k5321t.jpg

m0nk

One Too Many
Heh, well, as I was already planning on wearing one (and the day after that), I suppose I'll support National Hat Day.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
geez, I thought every day was the national hat day? lol! I actually should be spanked, I had no clue there was a hat day.....what little I have been out other than going to the Doctor, I have merely observed that the exploding mass of Valentine's day candy and merchandise is already hitting the stores and it is another string of distractions created by someone that loves having us spend some mulah on a card, candy and gift....nothing wrong with buying a card or candy or gift, but then if you are married like me, you also have to buy them for your spouse, too! lol! A day you can't get away with just pampering yourself! (I can't let my Wife see this post) lol hahaha weeeee hawwww!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW