Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
First full day off I've had from the theatre in I can't remember how long, so I've spent it doing everything I haven't had time to do. Greased the Plodge this morning, did the washing, and am taking a break between mopping and waxing the kitchen floor. I've got more energy than I have any right to have on six hours sleep, thanks to the Excedrin I just took to abort an oncoming migraine. I may pay for it tonite, but hopefully such will not be the case. I'm looking forward to going to bed early, between freshly line-dried and ironed sheets. Solid comfort.

DecoDame

One of the Regulars
YES! Quite good. I'm a big fan of the Marvel movies, and so is my daughter.

Great! I'm going to sneak it in somehow this week, before any spoilage occurs.

Tonight I'm about to kilz and paint the interior of a salvaged cabinet and a dresser that we are going to attach to each other/stack (instant "antique" china cabinet!) for our front porch to hold some dishes etc that we will keep out there for seasonal al fresco meals.

MairzyDoats

New in Town
I am making myself a cup of coffee and having a double feature movie night. First is I Walked With a Zombie from '43, then The Spiral Staircase from '45. Both movies are new to me and look quite interesting!

St. Louis

Practically Family
My neighbors are having a little cookout to say farewell to another neighbor who is moving away. That's what is so great about my street. I remind myself of how nice everyone is when they occasionally get a little over-involved in my beeswax.

I don't have anything fancy I can bring, but I might cut up some tomatoes and peppers & grate a little cheese over them and call it a salad.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Tonight, I'm writing on my novel and listening to some Glen Miller. My cats are lounging in the living room with me. A nice, quiet, Saturday evening. Perfection.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just home from work, eating cottage cheese before bed, while my cat sits on my desk eating paper napkins. Tomorrow is supposed to bring ferocious wind and heavy rain, so maybe I won't get out of bed at all. I think there's enough paper napkins to last a day.

Fofi

New in Town
I'm packing (and pulling out my hair!) because I am moving this week end and it seems like nothing's ready... How hvae I managed to stuff so many things in my flat in only one year???? (And of course: only things I use and don't want to part with... )

St. Louis

Practically Family
Nothing is worse than moving. You have my sympathy. I'm hoping to move back to the east coast some time soon and I'm dreading going through the stuff I've accumulated since I moved west of the Mississippi about 15 years ago.

Tonight I'm crocheting a pair of sandals from a 1940s pattern while watching Penny Dreadful. Not really my cup of tea, so to speak, but visually arresting.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Sixteen years ago I vowed I'd never move again. I still have boxes I haven't unpacked, not just from that move, but from the one before it.

Tonite I've just arrived home from a day with two very heavily attended shows despite heavy excavation going on next door to the theatre. I'm still amazed that the jackhammer guys stopped jackhammering when I told them they ought to.

The kids and I got Chinese food after the 7pm show started, so I expect to be up for a bit communing with my old friend General Tso.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I haven't crocheted anything in a while. I have a stack of sewing projects to do and can't find the time nor energy. I need another vacation.

Fofi

New in Town
Thank you St Louis! LizzieMaine I also have two boes that I haven't unpacked from my move last August... But the bad thing is these are mostly papers I must keep (like tax confirmations and pay slips...) But 16 years? Wow! I'll keep that in mind and unpack everything as soon as I enter my new flat!:D

It's not evening yet but Wednesday is dance day for me! so I'll have a last reahearsal before my Renaissance dance shows in August!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Getting ready to call the cops on one of my idiot neighbors, who's shooting off a fusillade of fireworks -- not just little firecrackers or bottle rockets, but full-sized sky bombs, over a congested neighborhood of densely-packed old wooden houses. Not only could this "patriotic celebrant" set fire to somebody's house, he's also terrified my cat.

St. Louis

Practically Family
Well, that's unforgivable, but cheer up. Anyone who is that dumb will probably do himself irreparable harm by forgetting he's holding a rocket whose fuse he has just lit.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Tonight's activity: I'm not exactly sure. Probably watch a movie and relax; might read some more of All the Light We Cannot See.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've had a day and a half here -- I got rousted out of bed by the janitor from work at an ungodly hour, to be told that the hot water heater had blown a seam and the lower lobby was awash in rusty water. So I had to deal with that -- and the neon sign repairman -- and the electrician to fix a corroded socket under the marquee all at once. We got a new tank in fast enough that we wouldn't have to close tonite, and I came home for lunch to try and rest for five minutes, only to find that my cat is sick -- she seemed fine this morning, but she's been having some bad digestive issues this afternoon and is all panicky about it. She spent two hours hiding inside the box spring of the spare bed, and is only now out and around again, nibbling at her supper, just as I'm having to head back to work for the evening show since there's nobody around who can sub for me at the last minute.

My supper, I fear, will be a gas station burrito. If we're gonna have one of those nights, let's push the boat all the way out.

St. Louis

Practically Family
Sorry about the cat! Will you take her to the vet?

A friend of mine from Georgia brought over a bowl of boiled peanuts. Never had those before--delicious! Still crocheting the slippers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21