Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jackets colours...

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
More pics please!

Sure! :D

Sorry for the bad pictures, I am not very good with the camera, difficult to show how good the jacket really is!
He's also really nailed the shade of grey I was hoping to get, it makes it more versatile than either black or brown.

1k2CQq0.jpg

wIpW1te.jpg

5LTczLf.jpg

guS5D9c.jpg

oXSgkIt.jpg

ZZU5r11.jpg

l9YT0z5.jpg

Pz8Ep7L.jpg

Sure! :D

Sorry for the bad pictures, I am not very good with the camera, difficult to show how good the jacket really is!
He's also really nailed the shade of grey I was hoping to get, it makes it more versatile than either black or brown.

1k2CQq0.jpg

wIpW1te.jpg

5LTczLf.jpg

guS5D9c.jpg

oXSgkIt.jpg

ZZU5r11.jpg

l9YT0z5.jpg

Pz8Ep7L.jpg
Wow!!! Love it!!! Very, very cool indeed.

Presumably they just don't have any faith in selling different colours in the West. At least not to men: I've seen many's a version of the Perfecto in the UK in exactly the hue of the one in Superfluous' post, but they're always the ladies' model in frasgile lambskin.

Coloured leathers for mc style weren't really a thing at all in the UK until the 70s, when they were then marketed as a "safety" feature - i.e. you're a bit more visible in an orange jacket than a black one. particularly popular colour in the seventies seems to have been a shade of petrol blue (Lewis did a lot), very similar to the Aeromarine that MajorMajor (if you recall him) had made up by Aero a few years ago, around the time when blue leather seemed to be all the rage round here (though I don't think many jackets were actually made in it in the end). It's come around on the fashion market again since, though mostly for women. Bike jackets only really seem to embrace the range of colours currntly when they're in the power ranger vein of things. That said, I see some of the smaller brands starting to come forward with a range of interesting things - Roland Sands, in particular, is doing more traditional designs, fairly plain, but in colours other than black and brown - see, for instance, the Ronin, which as well as the tamer brown and black, also come in two-tone black and burgundy:

RS_red_Ronin-close-up-300x300.jpg

Although it's a bit modern in style for my tastes, there's also the Roland Sands Clash model:

Roland_Sands_Design_Clash_Jacket_Oxblood_Moto-Mucci%2B(1).jpg

I'd considered that as a practical bike jacket, but style issues aside, I don't think I could get used to the zipper being on the ladies' side (photo has not been flipped). Not that I care a damn about fragile masculinity or anything like that - purely just me being a creatire of habit.

Maybe somebody at RS is a right-handed fencer? (En garde!)

Interesting to see it gae - looks much classier on the right. Back when Fight Club was out, I was very keen on a cafe racer like the one Brad Pitt / Tyler Durden wore in the head-light smashing sequence. I did for a while have a Wolf Leathers (one of the many British leather brands that died out in the eighties, following the death of the British motorcycle industry in the seventies) cafe racer in a red colour - the reddest end of the burgundy spectrum - but it was always just a touch too small and had to go. Maybe one day I'll have Aero do me a J106 or one of their Indian Racers in cordovan, especially if they can add pockets for CE armour.

I do like the olive and the navy.

It would be interesting to see a thirties halfbelt style in that leather; I imagine it would be great for early Summer.
I've eyed up those Roland Sands jackets myself...they look pretty damn good! Never handled one but I'd be curious to hear what the leather is like...

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've eyed up those Roland Sands jackets myself...they look pretty damn good! Never handled one but I'd be curious to hear what the leather is like...

Actually tried one not that long ago, the leather was quite nice but felt a bit too light to ride in and it was made in India. Not sure if they have different lines.
Checking their website, it says that their cowhide is 0.9mm to 1.1mm which sounds correct.

Edward

Bartender
I figured them for being lighter than a lot of jackets we'd be used to. Makes sense, what with RS originating in California.... Course, they jackets are also all designed to take elbow / shoulder / backplate armour, so the protective element of the leather itself is slightly less important with the additional impact / roadrash protection offered by the armouring. (Probably still more abrasion resistant than wax cotton, of course).

I do rather like the Ronin; I think I'd prefer it one-colour all-over, though. Still, nice to see something different out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic