Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Olympics - Your Top 3

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Yeah, I know that most everyone has seen them before. However, I've been done buying for several years now after finding my preferred jacket styles and nailing the fit I like. It's pretty satisfying for me to just wear them and be done with that journey.
HD

Amen, I hear that. You've completed your collection at 3 great jackets that fit you perfectly. That's ways above trying to expand a huge collection of ill-fitting jackets whilst searching for that "holy grail". Well done, my man.

Edward

Bartender
I don't have three. I like A-2's the best but the only other one I'd really like is a CWU in leather, with snaps on the pocket flaps instead of velcro, and with no velcro name patch, and maybe some interior pockets. Otherwise same design as the nylon and nomex versions.

Pop's in Turkey does one like it but unless you're able to walk in their shop at Incirlik, it seems like a crapshoot on getting the size correct. The Gibson & Barnes one does away with the nifty pen pocket on the sleeve...and retains the velcro on the pocket flaps. Velcro as everyone knows is one of the most irritating products ever developed.

Technically I'd also like an Indiana Jones jacket, but Indiana Jones looks good in that, and I would probably would look like an idiot trying to look like Indiana Jones.

Funny thing about the Indy: worn without the rest of the Henry Jones drag (especially the hat), you'd be surprised how rarely it gets recognised. With a brown fedora, however, I've had a G1 types taken for an Indy....

Funny thing about the Indy: worn without the rest of the Henry Jones drag (especially the hat), you'd be surprised how rarely it gets recognised. With a brown fedora, however, I've had a G1 types taken for an Indy....
Hah!
Dunno @Edward, when I got my first USW "Indy" jacket, everywhere I went I got the Indiana Jones comments. Probably the main reason (better reasons followed) I sold it off. ;)

Ralph_Phillips

One of the Regulars

Some people think any leather jacket is an Indiana Jones model. I've also had a 4" brim Akubra Territory mistaken for an Indiana Jones fedora.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Indiana Jones comments are a rarity here. I only ever had one, by a drunk. I was wearing a FQHH Aero half belt and a grey Borsalino.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy