Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather vests

John the Swede

Familiar Face
Anyone like em? I've been getting into them lately. Just purchased a vintage Leather Club vest.. anyone know anything about the line? Seems decent enough (especially for the price); only thing is, darn thing "crinkles" a little when I fell the leather between my fingers ( nylon inner lining). At first I thought that there was something in between the line lining & leather, but now I believe it's probably either older or stiff leather. Anywho, got a good price so am not complaining. Will try it on the bike when it warms up.

I am a big fan of vests, leather and denim. Very versatile. I own about 10 of them- Levi’s, Schott, Iron Heart and my prized Vanson.

78AEE62E-4541-4D54-8465-EA4015231F2C.jpeg
98B4182C-440B-4A77-AADC-14FBB93659F7.jpeg

Absolutely love leather vests, just that I am even pickier with then than with leather jackets or boots. My dad couldn't have been seen without a leather vest and I remember thinking how lame that was back then. How things change... Anyway, I've had a number of vests and so far my favorite has been this Lost Worlds and the classic Schott vest which I sold for reason I'm still trying to figure out.

20200409-135835.jpg

0-J25_01_1361187925.jpg

I probably wouldn't look for another vest if I had @JMax's Vanson, though. That's as cool and perfect as it can possibly get.
There's a cheap Schott Perfecto that's been listed for ages at a really low price because someone shortened the sleeves on it. I keep thinking about it, if I remove the sleeves completely, it might become a cool vest.

Absolutely love leather vests, just that I am even pickier with then than with leather jackets or boots. My dad couldn't have been seen without a leather vest and I remember thinking how lame that was back then. How things change... Anyway, I've had a number of vests and so far my favorite has been this Lost Worlds and the classic Schott vest which I sold for reason I'm still trying to figure out.

20200409-135835.jpg

0-J25_01_1361187925.jpg

I probably wouldn't look for another vest if I had @JMax's Vanson, though. That's as cool and perfect as it can possibly get.
There's a cheap Schott Perfecto that's been listed for ages at a really low price because someone shortened the sleeves on it. I keep thinking about it, if I remove the sleeves completely, it might become a cool vest.

That LW is awesome. Never seen one like it.

I had the sleeves removed from my Brimaco D pocket. I recently sold it but it was definitely a cool vest. Go for it with the Schott. Would you do it yourself? My local leather guy made it look as if sleeves were never there.

That LW is awesome. Never seen one like it.

I had the sleeves removed from my Brimaco D pocket. I recently sold it but it was definitely a cool vest. Go for it with the Schott. Would you do it yourself? My local leather guy made it look as if sleeves were never there.

Schott has too much stuff going on around the sleeve openings for me to do it myself. Football arms, then there's the padded liner attached to the sleeves... I'd probably mess it up. It's this one: 193246830070

I just don't know how much I'd wear it tbh...

The Lost Worlds is awesome. I've been wearing it the whole time last year. Went to Canada only with it. It's super cool and practical. I even ran over it with a bike once by accident! :D

I agree that vests should be simpler, the Brimaco has a D, right side coin/cig pocket, attached belt, etc. Lots going on.

Where did you find the LW? Total custom rig? It’s awesome man.

I agree that vests should be simpler, the Brimaco has a D, right side coin/cig pocket, attached belt, etc. Lots going on.

Where did you find the LW? Total custom rig? It’s awesome man.

Actually, someone linked to it in the Finds and Deals thread, I can't remember who atm. No idea how it came to be but I'm really glad I bought it. I won't ever sell that one and this time I mean it. Was super cheap, too. I think I paid a 100 GBP for it or something like that? I thought this style of jacket was an odd choice for a vest at first but then recently I found this...
https://www.grailed.com/listings/10...lph-lauren-double-rl-medium-cowboy-cafe-racer
It is in the EXACT SAME style! I wonder if these were a thing? RRL usually picks up existing pieces to base their on?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
while these samples are ace, but to me they fall into sleeveless jacket category :) if you pair it with denim jacket probably it would be worn over it instead of under it.

personally I like vest that is with shorter body than jacket and narrower shoulder, and arm hole cut bigger/ deeper into the body. most suited for mid layer

Last edited:
I love putting vests under my jackets, never leather but have considered a suede/Sherpa lined vest. There’s not a whole lot of opportunity to wear a vest in Chicago. It’s hard to find the weather to suit it as an outer wear item. It always goes straight from too hot to too cold. The LW and Vanson are super cool though.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I have a Canvas Waxed Cotton vest from Mercy Supply company that would make a great motorcycle vest, and a Filson wool vest too. However as Tony states above, we tend to go from cool to rather warm & humid rapidly in the midwest. This year we've had an extended jacket season, but not common.

No offence to anyone, just never been into any kind of leather vest.

Kuro

Practically Family
I think I found a small heaven here, in this thread...

I got one leather vest, it is a heavy motorcycle vest I got at a Wilson leathers years ago. Will dig it out, but not really a style thing. Wore a leather vest for years when I was younger all the time.

Today I have several warm vests for wearing under jackets and colder weather cycling. I would love any of the vests shown on this page. I wonder...

P.S. That Vanson D pocket vest, just over the moon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot