Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The first -- a semi-hardened mass made of sugar, butter, milk, and chocolate. Or, a quick and dirty way to make it is to melt a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a saucepan of hot condensed milk, pour it into a square baking pan lined with wax paper, and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour or so.

The first -- a semi-hardened mass made of sugar, butter, milk, and chocolate. Or, a quick and dirty way to make it is to melt a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips into a saucepan of hot condensed milk, pour it into a square baking pan lined with wax paper, and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour or so.

Thanks.

Total suburban consumer today. First I sat on the patio of Starbucks and had a big cup of coffee, then went next door to chik-fil-a and had a chicken sandwich and a glass of tea.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A gigantic paper bag full of greasy french fries, being sold in a parking lot for $4 a throw as a fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Definitely got my money's worth -- I will have no interest in eating at any point for the rest of today.

A gigantic paper bag full of greasy french fries, being sold in a parking lot for $4 a throw as a fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Definitely got my money's worth -- I will have no interest in eating at any point for the rest of today.

I hope, you will not have a heartburn-night. ;)

Two Irish Coffees and a split order of french fries (with salt and mayo). Yup, I won't live forever - and never expected to - but at least I enjoyed today's lunch. :)

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
And french-fries are never called "Pommes" in the USA?

No, pommes frites (or just frites) are what the French call French fries. When France refused to invade Irak with America back in 2003, French fries were re-named American fries for a while in disgust but now France is bombing Syria with America & buying American missiles to do it with, everyone are pals again.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I had fries today, which I rarely do. I always treat myself to McDonald's after going to the tax preparer, to celebrate my refund. :D I had eggs and cheese, too, since they have breakfast all day. And I topped it off with a vanilla cone.

I had fries today, which I rarely do. I always treat myself to McDonald's after going to the tax preparer, to celebrate my refund. :D I had eggs and cheese, too, since they have breakfast all day. And I topped it off with a vanilla cone.

Nice - you didn't mess around, that's a fun celebration. The cone is the kicker - well done.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
All I've had today has been cheddar and roast beaf sammiches. And a handful of pistachios. Definitely having salad tonight. I need some vegetables!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou