Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

4b3555ec418f91aa287fdf832cbf5439.jpg

A surprisingly good plate of pad Thai...
fceb82e1341d66140a57d5ed7ce58763.jpg

...from a gas station.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4b3555ec418f91aa287fdf832cbf5439.jpg

A surprisingly good plate of pad Thai...
fceb82e1341d66140a57d5ed7ce58763.jpg

...from a gas station.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One of the food shows (which is like all the other food shows), I think "Diners Drive-inns and Dives" visits gas-station-associated restaurants from time to time. There's usually a quirky story (the owner's son had a passion for cooking and when his dad got sick he merged his filial responsibilities with his passion...), but IMHO it reflects the foodie-culture having gone mainstream country wide. And while good and bad have come out of that, that's a handsome looking dish of pad Thai and there's nothing wrong with that.

Peach yogurt, Planter's cocktail peanuts and a slice of orange-chocolate bundt cake. I tried to make it somewhat balance and nutritional, but not sure where I really landed.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Never been, but one just opened around the corner from me so I'm sure we'll check it out shortly. Any must tries?
Everybody pretty much agrees the orange chicken is their signature dish. I'm partial go the chow mien, and have never tried to rice. The Beijing Beef is a personal favorite of mine, if you enjoy sweet and spicy.

Everybody pretty much agrees the orange chicken is their signature dish. I'm partial go the chow mien, and have never tried to rice. The Beijing Beef is a personal favorite of mine, if you enjoy sweet and spicy.

Thank you. Is the orange chicken real white meat or "pressed" in that strange way some fast food places "create" chicken that appears to be white, but God knows what is really going on there?

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. Is the orange chicken real white meat or "pressed" in that strange way some fast food places "create" chicken that appears to be white, but God knows what is really going on there?
Pressed, I think? I've never actually studied the inside of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara