Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Fourman110

One of the Regulars
Sneak peak....

Soon....

Very soon....

Steel....

Blue metal....

Mine....

Mine....

Mine....

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    795.4 KB · Views: 208

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Good day folks. I hope your Gannons are hats for going places.

Thread announcement: A new Gannon Hat Co. hat day is on the horizon for me. My expectations are high!

Soon traveling to my hat rack will be a Gannon Wanderer inspired lid. With warmer weather at Minnesota's doorstep at this time of the year I had asked for a warmer weather hat. Thin felt that appropriate for the warmer weather.

I was inspired by the bone felted hats that other folks have showcased on this thread. Thanks for the push into the bone world folks! I walked around with a felt sample I have of the bone seeing if it might work for the attire I would pair it with. Bingo it appeared to be an excellent fit with warm weather stuff. Bone beaver felt!

Now it was time to work out the hat details. I prefer the mid-ribbon size. I have spoken to my preferences before and in summary the ribbon size is an excellent compromise between city/country hat looks. Being of small stature I like the look of the mid ribbon when I catch glimpses of the hat in the mirror. Michael had suggested I take a look at the silver belly ribbon and binding combo. The one look convinced me. Binding edge ribbon size - check out the pic below. I asked Michael to choose as his hand and eye would be in a much better place to choose. Proportion is everything in these details. I love the result shown in the accompanying pics. Well done Mr.Gannon!

i-DqVP6f8-M.jpg

Windcord - yes. I do use them and they are practical. A couple of occasions folks have commented on the "string," but I do not worry as I have not surrendered my gorgeous hats to the wind. I am thankful that I am able to have them on my Gannons.

Added spice - check out the sage ribbon accent in the pic. Excellent eye appeal. While I believe I will really enjoy the bone, I also wanted to spice up the big bone on top of my bald pate. That is a lot of bone on top of my shoulders! An accent would do the trick. It does!

i-MDW8L2M-M.jpg

The accent is the delicious real butter cream dark chocolate frosting, not just the spreadable frosting from the refrigerator. Special!

The interior is the hat owners providence. I do like the look of the brown sweat and the white satin interior. Clean, neat and classy.

i-ZjhxsVv-M.jpg

Not easily seen in the accompanying pics is the extra effort that Michael put into the brim flange. I had asked for a bit more snap to the brim. This bone hat I wanted to have as a bit more "downtown." More swoop would give it that aura. Michael had to go to work modifying the brim flange - WOW! That extra effort is grand customer service. I publicly thank Mr.Gannon for this effort on my behalf. Thanks! I can not wait to open the box, remove the crown protector, put the hat on, adjust the tilt of the hat and snap the brim. Can not wait.

All in all, my expectations are high! Lovely hat in the pics.

Best in your daily adventures folks, Eric -

Beautiful lid, @Short Balding Guy.

As the proud owner of several white-hued hats, I have to ask: how does this one compare to your collection of Silvermist (and I assume Silverbelly, too) lids?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner