Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnoli's suits.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hmm.. just looks like a peak lapel DB to me.. nothing too special about the pattern or design. What's the big deal? Does it have a Jacuzzi hidden inside or something?

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Mr_Misanthropy said:
Hmm.. just looks like a peak lapel DB to me.. nothing too special about the pattern or design.

I think it's the half-belt at the back that people aren't used to seeing nowadays.

I'd like to get some better shots of the back if possible before starting on this. Can anyone get some more from that angle?

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy Magnoli said:
I think it's the half-belt at the back that people aren't used to seeing nowadays.

I'd like to get some better shots of the back if possible before starting on this. Can anyone get some more from that angle?

Kind regards,
Magnoli

It does indeed have a belted back and I think the vest has a collar. The pictures do not look like the right suit from my memory. The suit I remember was gray and not blue. [huh]

Regards,

J

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
The suit we all want is the one he is wearing when Shiwan Kahn comes into the sanctum and they meet for the first time.

shadow1.JPG

I think it was grey or light blue.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Alright... I guess I'll have to go rent it and study the suits myself. ;) I'll get back to you all next week perhaps. (Unless, of course, someone can get me a bunch of grabs before then).

Kind regards,
Indy

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Alright Alright everyone calm down here is the suit...

I messed up the first time. I thought their first meeting was when they meet in the restraunt... turns out I was mistaken. These are the pics requested. NOW where's my prize. I tried to get the best shots of the front, sides, and back for you Magnoli. If you look close it almost looks like there is a pleat in the pockets of the jacket.

146876343.jpg

146876349.jpg

146876348.jpg

146876347.jpg

146876346.jpg

146876352.jpg

146876351.jpg

146876350.jpg

And I don't know if you know or not but The Shadow told Shiwan Kahn the "tie" that he is wearing with this suit can be found at Brooks Brothers.

Hopes this helps Magnoli-
DocIndyJones

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Daniel Riser said:
I actually like the color of the fabric, but there is something off about the drape. Lauren Henline, who is a seamstress, noticed that the back of the shoulder seemed... ill-balanced.

The lapels are much too modern for my taste. I prefer the straighter lapels on a vintage double breasted... but that's just me.

We are talking about the Washington Double Breasted, right?
I think I've seen lapels similar to that on a 1930's German suit...

Robert Conway

DocIndyJones said:
I messed up the first time. I thought their first meeting was when they meet in the restraunt... turns out I was mistaken. These are the pics requested. NOW where's my prize. I tried to get the best shots of the front, sides, and back for you Magnoli. If you look close it almost looks like there is a pleat in the pockets of the jacket.

146876347.jpg

146876346.jpg

146876352.jpg

146876351.jpg

146876350.jpg

And I don't know if you know or not but The Shadow told Shiwan Kahn the "tie" that he is wearing with this suit can be found at Brooks Brothers.

Hopes this helps Magnoli-
DocIndyJones

That's it! That's the suit! Good job.
Pleated pockets, a belted back that travels around to the sides, double breasted peak lapel, pleated back---all of that equals one cool suit. That is the jacuzzi in the suit. :p ;)
I'll give you the prize when I see you at the QM event. ;) :D

Regards,

J

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Those shots are perfect! The pleats on the pockets are great. The back looks almost identical to the back of my Marshall Suit:

mc-marshall3-large.jpg

I also notice that there is stitching around the lapels as on my Pankot Tweed Jacket, but perhaps slightly closer to the edge:
mc-prof-sml4.jpg

What about the pants? Are they cuffed?

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm sure we'll be able to nail this suit!

Kind regards,
Indy

The real Henry

Practically Family
@Indy Magnoli: Would it be possible to get your Pankot palace coat with the back of the Marshall coat? I think, a pleated back would make it much more 1930's looking.

BTW- Is it also cut like a 1930's coat(high armholes,...)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner