• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Men rings - How to choose? What do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Andrey Ksh, May 23, 2015.

1. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

I've had this one for years, I wear it on my right ring finger. It's actually a replica of Aragorn's ring from The Lord of the Rings, but nobody but me notices those kind of details. ;) I actually get compliments on it all the time. People love it.
    [​IMG]

2. Nice. They really went all out on even the littlest details in those Rings films.

Bushman likes this.
  3. Gold band with blue sapphire [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

M Hatman likes this.
  4. PeterGunnLives

PeterGunnLives One of the Regulars

I got an old-school college ring when I graduated, and I love it because they misspelled the name of the school! :p

hatsRme and M Hatman like this.
  5. Lightning Ridge Opal from Katoomba AU. Its on the makers fingers. Will be on my index finger soon... image-3-1.jpg

Edward, BobHufford and M Hatman like this.
  6. Speaking only for myself: Jewelry does not look right on men. I'm fine with a wedding band, an understated watch, cufflinks, and perhaps a signet ring (if you came into the old fashion way). Aside from that, my own personal sense of style and decorum say jewelry is the exclusive realm of women.

I also make exceptions for religious jewelry.

I'm a bit old fashion for my own preferences. I'd also recommend that if you do decide to wear jewelry that will be seen by others you keep it conservative.

To each their own and I don't suppose to speak for anyone other than myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaxenro likes this.
  7. Jaxenro

Jaxenro Familiar Face

You can speak for me except I don't like wristwatches but basically I agree 100%. I don't feel comfortable wearing jewelry except cufflinks and maybe a tie bar

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  8. As far as not wearing other cultures' jewelry; I respectfully disagree. I'll go a long with not appropriating others religious items, but when members of a "culture", race, ethnicity, etc. make and sell items for export they are marketing these items to members outside of their groups. Certain groups have depended on this trade and commerce for survival (turquoise jewelry from the American Southwest?).

For me, I eschew all jewelry other than a modest watch, plain wedding band, and cufflinks and tie bars. Nothing ostentatious. That is for my personal aesthetics and not out of a fear of appropriating another's cultural heritage.

That's just me.

Edward likes this.
  9. Bugguy

Bugguy One of the Regulars

I wore may highschool ring through college till my first teaching job in Chicago. When my 9th graders figured out they were only a couple of years younger than me and I realized they were many years more streetwise than me, I took it off. I taught across the street from the old Cabrini-Green project.... think the movie Candyman. Now its just a simple white gold wedding band.

10. I roll with jewelry. I like to pay attention to the bracelet when I choose a ring.

[​IMG]

handymike, Feraud and BobHufford like this.
  11. Nice rings. Besides my thick gauge platinum wedding band (heavy, always know it's there) I like wearing a turquoise ring on my right hand. I've posted a few in a separate thread here.

12. Current favorites. These two sterling and brass rings are made by Rough Design Co.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

handymike, Edward and BobHufford like this.
  13. Navajo ring by Delbert Gordon[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

handymike, Edward and Feraud like this.
  14. robrinay

robrinay Practically Family

31E53F82-7776-4BCB-A1F7-78DEA383667D.jpeg I lost my wedding ring somewhere in the garden while fixing furniture. My wife Liz suggested I should have my 18th Birthday ring (from my dad r.i.p.) remodelled. As it was a Sovereign in a filigree setting which I never wear it seemed a good idea so I had a Goldsmith make this one for me.its planished then diamond filed to give a hammered and brushed finish. Seemed like a good design as after a few chores all my shiny new rings end up looking like this - if you can’t hide it make a feature of it!

15. Bfd70

Bfd70 One of the Regulars

Simple wedding band only.

Sheepdog149 likes this.
  16. Heavy 14K band with blue sapphire [​IMG]

tropicalbob, Feraud and BobHufford like this.
  17. JacketAddict

JacketAddict One of the Regulars

Big Bad MoFo.....

r1.jpg

Feraud likes this.
  18. Silver ring [​IMG]

BobHufford likes this.
  19. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

Nice Maratac watch.

Sheepdog149 likes this.
  20. Attached Files:

Edward, handymike and BobHufford like this.