Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men who can cook.

Nightshade

New in Town
I LOVE a man who can cook. Even if it's just once in a while. There are some people who think they can cook but really can't...at all (like my ex husbandlol), but even the effort is cute. I think it is sexy to see a guy cooking, it shows, in some since, he can take care of himself, and me.;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
drafttek said:
Wifey and I have an arrangement that when she cooks I clean. And when I cook I clean[huh] . I can crack an egg one handed. Generally, I do a passable job in the kitchen. Where I go astray is when I get "creative". Mixed results usually. The kids always run screaming when they hear the wok being pulled out of the cabinet! My most impressive moment in the kitchen has to be the time I made a huge pancake, about 14" diameter. The Mrs. asked how I expected to flip it. "I'll toss it up" I says. "Horse Hockey" she says. Whereupon I tossed said flapjack into the air and caught it back in the pan completing a successful flippage:eek: . I then says "Don't just stand there, mouth agape. Fetch me my syrup, woman!" When I came to...

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Good show!:D

GOK

One Too Many
For me, the notion of a man that can cook is not a novelty at all; most chefs are male after all. Most of my friends are male - they all cook. I taught both of my sons to cook so they wouldn't be dependent upon their women. And the latter, I think, is actually more why we like men that cook - because they don't expect us to wait on them. Because they are willing to give, not just take. Are there still men that expect their dinner on the table when they come home from work? [huh]

As one who loves food as Beaucaillou describes, of course I'm going to be enamoured with a man that can appeal to all of my senses - who wouldn't?! However, I also love to return the experience. It gives me such a thrill when people love the food I cook for them. :D

warbird

One Too Many
I love to cook, can cook most things and do most of the cooking in our household.

The kids much prefer my cooking to my wife's, much to her consternation.

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
I think it depends on the guy.

My gentleman friend enjoys cooking, but I'm vegan and he's not. However, we cook together and I enjoy that a good deal. And he's always very conscientious about utensils, label-reading and the placement of food in the oven, which I always appreciate.

Making stir fry is the best because we can make a truckload of noodles and just divy them up - he won't eat vegetables. We both win because I get to have ALL of the broccoli. :essen:

GOK

One Too Many
Ruby Slippers said:
I think it depends on the guy.

My gentleman friend enjoys cooking, but I'm vegan and he's not. However, we cook together and I enjoy that a good deal. And he's always very conscientious about utensils, label-reading and the placement of food in the oven, which I always appreciate.

Making stir fry is the best because we can make a truckload of noodles and just divy them up - he won't eat vegetables. We both win because I get to have ALL of the broccoli. :essen:

Mmmmm fresh broccoli.....and asparagus! **runs off to the kitchen!**

I gave the question some more thought and I've come to the conclusion that I don't find a man that cooks sexy per se, what I find attractive is his appreciation of good food. However, when push comes to shove, I'd rather he order a takeaway and lavish his attention on me than have to share him with the preparation of an elaborate dish! ;) lol

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Gok - It can be very hot to prepare a meal together.:D Depending on what goes in it.
If not - I suggest that the man prepares as much as possible before the chosen one enters the room.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I really love cooking and make dinner 99.9% of the time. It's something though which has come fairly naturally and through necessity. When I moved out of home it was either learn to cook nice food or live off frozen muck.

My fianc?©e's not the greatest cook but that's just because she seems to have made a habit of going out with guys who can cook. Very, very crafty :rolleyes:

GOK

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
Gok - It can be very hot to prepare a meal together.:D Depending on what goes in it.
If not - I suggest that the man prepares as much as possible before the chosen one enters the room.

Very good point, Spitfire...I'm on my way 'round!! ;)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Spitfire said:

Especially hot when I accidently set the kitchen on fire lol lol lol

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The mister cooked on Sunday. He made chili. It amused me greatly to watch him talk to himself and encourage himself that he was doing a good job. After he was done, I thanked him for making dinner, and he admitted it was fun. :eusa_clap

Oh, and he got a lot of sugars from me for letting me read while *he* was in the kitchen.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
That's why women should stay away from the kitchen, and let the men do it.
We make better firemen lol

And better cooks, from what this thread has told me!

GOK

One Too Many
Lancealot said:
Your very right there. SOme of my favorite dates have been ones that started out in th ekithcen together. You just have to make sure not to get too distracted and burn something.;)

In that case, you should just turn the cooker off and forget the meal! :p

Rosie

One Too Many
I think ideally, I would like a man who cooks. I've only ever dated one man who really cooked and then the results weren't always edible :eek:. The cook in me (yes I'm one of those, *hanging my head in shame*) can't stand to see anyone else in my kitchen, not putting in enough seasoning, not searing properly :mad: it can really drive a girl batty. I'm more of the "I'll cook, you sit and wait for me to serve you" variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou