Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Jackson Dead at age 50

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think of the genius behind his work such a "Thriller" which is still the best-selling album of all time. Quincy Jones teaming with Jackson writing music. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The "Thriller" video was directed by John Landis who also co-wrote the screenplay with Jackson.
icon14.gif
Jackson's dancing which was choreographed by Michael Peters. A masterpiece and true testament to that musical period.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Fletch said:
]I will remember him as the little ray of sunshine in the Jackson Five and not as the dissipated freakazoid he latterly became.

And, in an odd way, I think this relatively early death is something of a blessing: his trajectory was tragedy, graphed: straight up, and then a slalom ride down. This puts an end to the decline. Had he lived....longer....it's difficult not to imagine him ending up in prison on a morals charge at the very least.

Now that the freak-show has been ended by nature....the part of his life that was a wonderful showcase of talent (even though I never was a fan) is greater proportionally...and hopefully his place in American popular culture (which is not inconsiderable) will focus on those early years, and not the later. I wonder whether we will ever know the whole story--probably not--but there's enough here to be sure this is a drama worthy of Greek tragedy. Requiescat in Pace!

"Skeet"

Tiller

Practically Family
Andykev said:
People say "It comes in Threes".

Farah, Ed, and Michael. Go figure.

Wonder why? And at age 50, why a heart attack? That is scary for me!

Although not completely unheard of it is a bit odd, atleast to me for someone in that social class. Hell my Grandfather on my fathers side died at 53 well I was at the ripe old age of four, but you don't think a celebrity would go like that. You'd think a man with that kind of money, would have looked more into his health [huh]. I'm wondering if it is drug related in some way.....

I hope nothing but the best for those he is leaving behind, and I hope he rest in peace.

Chas

One Too Many
Michael Jackson Bows Out

The erstwhile "King Of Pop" has apparently dropped dead, from a heart ailment from all appearances.

While I was never a fan, and there were aspects of his life and lifestyle that I found less than positive, there is no denying his impact and importance. Now he belongs to history, and his pain is at an end.

I will not speak ill of the dead, but I would put out that his story is a cautionary tale for those who wish to fly too close to the sun and when seeking fame and adulation, the old adage "be careful for what you wish for, it could come true" comes to mind.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Chas said:
The erstwhile "King Of Pop" has apparently dropped dead, from a heart ailment from all appearances.

While I was never a fan, and there were aspects of his life and lifestyle that I found less than positive, there is no denying his impact and importance. Now he belongs to history, and his pain is at an end.

I will not speak ill of the dead, but I would put out that his story is a cautionary tale for those who wish to fly too close to the sun and when seeking fame and adulation, the old adage "be careful for what you wish for, it could come true" comes to mind.

Many people in Hollywood/the music industry could teach that lesson but I'm at a total loss for how Michael Jackson qualifies? [huh]

Doublegun

Practically Family
Unfortunately, the Michael Jackson who gave us so much music in the 80's died long ago. The man who passed away this evening did not even resemble the one who gave us Thriller.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I'm not defending the behavior. I'm not defending the lifestyle. I am CERTAINLY not defending the weaknesses and shortcomings. What I will defend, with every fiber of my being, are my memories. Memories that were set in youth and innocence and can not, nor should not, be tainted by the revelations of the years. R.I.P. Michael, Farrah and Ed. Thanks.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD] Had he lived....longer....it's difficult not to imagine him ending up in prison on a morals charge at the very least.

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

With respect, I think your words are unkind.
How can anybody know what the future may have brought to him. Lets not be so quick to judge, lets give him the benefit of the doubt at least.... People live, learn and hopefully change for the better Skeet, that's what life is all about.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A piece of my youth is gone.
Everyone at one point in their life had an MJ song they loved. His music was the definition of Pop.

Im saddened that this came before his potential comeback.
I was just listening to the Jackson 5 last night.

LD

cookie

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]And, in an odd way, I think this relatively early death is something of a blessing: his trajectory was tragedy, graphed: straight up, and then a slalom ride down. This puts an end to the decline. Had he lived....longer....it's difficult not to imagine him ending up in prison on a morals charge at the very least.

Now that the freak-show has been ended by nature....the part of his life that was a wonderful showcase of talent (even though I never was a fan) is greater proportionally...and hopefully his place in American popular culture (which is not inconsiderable) will focus on those early years, and not the later. I wonder whether we will ever know the whole story--probably not--but there's enough here to be sure this is a drama worthy of Greek tragedy. Requiescat in Pace!

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

You covered most of it here mate. But with his freak show family ...what was he supposed to turn out like? No childhood and possibly being interfered with as a child...it all adds up.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
He had the kind of talent the rest of us only faintly wished was possible for ourselves.

First I was shocked, and now I feel the loss.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I read an article several months back that said that Jackson had a life-threatening heart condition or something, which would mean he wouldn't live very long. So his death isn't a great shock to me.

Still sad, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic