Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Millers Crossing

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
So I've probably seen this a couple dozen times. But I have to say that I never get tired of this movie!

I love the writing, the characters... hell, I even love the camera angles that they used!

This is probably one of my favorite scenes, because it's not what I expected when I first saw it and I laughed my arse off.
[video=youtube;3zYN6CxJRH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zYN6CxJRH8[/video]
Eh what ever, I just thought I'd share!

Godfrey

One of the Regulars
Always good to bump an old thread!

One thing I like about Millers is that it's based on Hammets work - Red Harvest and The Glass Key. Both stories are great but I couldn't imaging anyone doing Red Harvest justice in film. The Cohen brothers took such great story lines and stylised them. Language, clothes, mood, lighting, characterization the lot.

I saw this film in a deco era cinema near my house called the Westgarth (then the Valhalla) a little after it came out. The place is all wood paneling and deco plasterwork. I saw it late and spilled out with the rest of the audience onto a wet and dark city road after midnight with the cars swishing in the wet. I can remember that night as I think that was the moment I really fell in love with the era and look. Sometime after that night I bought an Akubra Warrick in dark brown and a good second hand wool overcoat. I've never looked back - but occasionally I've pulled my hat down low, and slowly looked up to see the past walking down an old tree lined road from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy