Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Quote Game

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
SamMarlowPI said:
son of a gun...now i gotta see that film again lol is it my turn? lets see...

"...tonight you made the big mistake. You put your dirty, fat hands on my kid brother."
and
"What and absurd idea! what an absurd idea! Lady, you got ten absurd ideas to my one."

Ok, first one is Thunder Road.

And second one is The African Queen.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Not Too Obscure for $400

I remember every detail. The Germans wore grey. You wore blue.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Ok, here's mine:

"Maybe if you stopped straightening pictures and let men wear their own pants, maybe they'd be able to touch you without asking 'permesso!'"

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
deadpandiva said:
"If paramour means what I think it means you're gambeling with your front teeth."

The Night of the Iguana

"I cannot stand these morons any longer. If you don't come with me this instant I shall run amok."

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Laura

"If he want's to dream for a while, let him dream. And if he wants to come back and sell peanuts , oh how I'll believe in those peanuts!"

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
K by the bay said:
That's from Holiday (1938). Try this one: "If you took all of the hair off of their combined chests, you wouldn't have enough to make a wig for a grape."

Finishing School...?

here ya' go: "He was an obscenity on the face of the earth. The stench of burning flesh was in his clothes."

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Story said:
I remember every detail. The Germans wore grey. You wore blue.

Umm, casablanca. Another not very obscure one ...

"You'll take it and like it when I hit you!"

(Or do I have that right?)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Doran said:
(Or do I have that right?)

Nope. But Maltese Falcon.

Try this.

And spotteth twice they the camels before the third hour. And so the Midianites went forth to Ram Gilead in Kadesh Bilgemath by Shor Ethra Regalion, to the house of Gash-Bil-Betheul-Bazda, he who brought the butter dish to Balshazar and the tent peg to the house of Rashomon, and there slew they the goats, yea, and placed they the bits in little pots. Here endeth the lesson.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Nope. But Maltese Falcon.

Try this.

And spotteth twice they the camels before the third hour. And so the Midianites went forth to Ram Gilead in Kadesh Bilgemath by Shor Ethra Regalion, to the house of Gash-Bil-Betheul-Bazda, he who brought the butter dish to Balshazar and the tent peg to the house of Rashomon, and there slew they the goats, yea, and placed they the bits in little pots. Here endeth the lesson.

wasn't that from a Monty Python film?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Prairie Dog said:
Someone posts a movie quote

"We are all busy little bees,full of stings, making honey day and night, aren't we honey?"

(hint-- this film was nominated for 14 Academy Awards and won six, including best picture):)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
^All About Eve

"They can get their medals in Hell because that's where they're going. And as for you, I hope they kill you and put you out of your misery. I swear to Heaven I do."

I've wanted to use this one for weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner