Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My G-1 Lineup (Others Invited)

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Why such a reddish color cuffs and hem?

This was a just for fun project (custom build) based on a Star Sportwear G-1 with the odd H&L Block M-422A feature. My focus for too long has been on absolute historical accuracy. Wested Leather supplied the goat-hide and built the jacket, I sourced everything else from various 'high end' flight apparel companies & MASH Japan. I decided on the cuff & waistband color after seeing a Buzz M-422A using the same combination (knits are for an A-2 contract)...and thought "Why not".

I've just had a custom ANJ-3 built, patterned on an original but all in Black (leather & knits).

Next project is a black Star Sportwear A-2, I've plenty of brown ELC Flight jackets..looking to mix the wardrobe up with a civillian vibe.

Loving your G-1 by the way :) I've tried service issued originals (size 48) but my shoulders are too wide for most :-(

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I've never had fit pictures made wearing my size 46 Cooper G-1 bought several years ago in a now out-of-business Army/Navy store in a Dallas suburb as the G-1 is one size too big for me. At the time there were only two available in the store, one with mouton collar and the other with polyester collar. Needless to say I bought the one with mouton collar.
2016-09-03 14.16.10.jpg 2016-09-03 14.16.26.jpg 2016-09-03 14.07.37.jpg

HanauMan

Practically Family
I've enjoyed reading this thread, some real nice jackets on show.

I only have one old USN G1 jacket. It was made by Star Sportswear and is dated 1968 (a 7823D). The goatskin leather is a tad beat up but intact, no tears or holes in either the leather or liner. It has a nice golden mouton collar which is really cosy on those colder days. My jacket is a vintage size 44 but fits my modern size 40 body without being neither loose nor baggy (in my opinion). I just love it and it cost me just a fraction of what the modern reproduction G1s go for. It compliments my civilian Cooper A2 nicely.

View media item 1478

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21