Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "Howard Hughes" Jacket

reflected

New in Town
Hello,
I know there's a lot better one available at Magnoli's, but I simply can't afford it. I bought it on ebay, it's cowhide and I'm quite happy with it. What do you think? (If only the hip adjusting straps weren't velcro, but oh well, it's not very visible) The color is a bight lighter too, but I really don't mind.

dscf3128u.jpg

dscf3132.jpg

This is a size "S" (my chest size is 39 inches) and by mistake the seller sent me a size "L" first. He let me keep that one, but it's really large, and I'm selling it if anyone is interested (about size 44-45):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320601336735&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Gilboa

One of the Regulars
I am puzzled:

I presume the pictures above are showing a different person wearing the same jacket as you just bought? It is the same person as listed with the listing on ebay, shown when following the link you posted.

So therefore, as I do not know how it looks on you, I just comment on the jacket itself:

Personally, I find the jacket hardly resembles the style of the 'real deal' which was made by Belstaff. The jacket shown in your post is cut like a 60s style mod leather jacket and nowhere near as 'beefy' as the jacket it is meant to 'copy'. I would have saved up some longer and ordered one with better leather and a better cut. Sorry ... but you asked for oppinions :)

The movie jacket:
2h6av81.jpg

e00b44.jpg

reflected

New in Town
Thanks for your reply. I agree, it looks very different, but I don't mind as it fits quite well in my opinion. The guy on the picture is me, and it's my size "S" jacket. The one I'm selling is size "L", but it would have been pointless to take pictures of myself wearing that one - I would look like a scarecrow :D

Yes, I would also have saved my money a bit longer and bought a real deal, but I simply can't afford it. (Anyone on these forums probably earns at least twice as much as I do - welcome to Eastern EU :( )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy