Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Civil M422a/G1

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
dparadise said:
I just purchased a US Authentic G-1. Fits really well. What I am wondering is if the truly higher priced jackets from Aero, Eastman cost more due to a heavier goatskin. I would say my jacket has some weight to it but not the kind of weight that says this jacket is very very substantial, i.e., a bit heavy to pick up by the collar. Or, are all these G-1 jackets made about the same in terms of the hides. Any information you can provide me would be appreciated. Wondering if I should just return it and step up to an Aero or Eastman?

Thanks
DP

I wouldn't have thought that you would get a much thicker hide without specifically asking for it. Aero and Eastman never seem to disappoint but some people love their US Authentic's. I have never seem a US-A jacket so couldn't compare. I made the choice to buy Aero and Eastman.

Jan's jacket alterations are superb. You're a genius!

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
Sort of a cross post from the Insurrection thread:
Jan if it's not an inconvenience for you I was wondering if I could get the spec list for this jacket, If it is an inconvenience no worries, but it's definitelty worth asking. I love what you've done with here. This is the only one of your Aeros that I've seen that didn't have the spec list in the thread.

Also, do you find the lack of an action back on such a trim jacket inhibits your movement at all?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

-UDK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner