Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Highwayman Has Arrived !!!

Aero offers several different nice hides...but for me..their brown FQHH is their premium offering. I have an Aero in oilpull..steer...vintage HH...and seal buffalo..but none break-in with the marbled grainy effect that the FQHH does. The sheen lessens fairly quickly and developes a burnished even more antiqued appearance. The highwayman in my avatar is probably 8 yrs old (although the true color is actually closer to yours). I have a zip sleeve Bootlegger on order now in their regular brown FQHH. Can hardly wait!
HD

Last edited:

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
I'm ordering a Bootlegger as well Hoosier and the more I handle the samples the more I am impressed with the brown heavy weight fqhh. I hope you'll post some pics of your Bootlegger when it arrives, I think the design is great.
Did you order any changes to the stock jacket?

Yep Bonneville...
I order 'zip sleeves' 26 1/4" in length(I wear a 34 +" shirtsleeve)...26 1/2" body length(6'2" tall). Alcapa lining(I like this and the Donegal Tweed for my use in Indiana fall,winter and late spring weather). I also prefer the slant chest pocket without added zipper(easier to slip hand in and out of). Two inside snap G-1 type secure inside pockets. This is more set up for use on the bike occassionally...although I do have several dedicated MC jackets that I like quite well. Especially a hvy steer Vanson 'Enfield'.
The new Bootlegger should look something like this...minus the chest pocket Zip..and Bi-swing back...Click pics on left for different views...
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/7487901

HD

Last edited:

beemer

New in Town
Chi-town, How are you liking your Highwayman? Have you got some pictures of how it's looking now? It would be great to see how it's breaking in.

Lear

One of the Regulars
Nice clear pictures. Beautiful bit of FQHH there :eusa_clap

I remember the first time: the expectation, the excitement, the thrill... and then you find you have to do it all over again.

Lear

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
I remember the first time: the expectation, the excitement, the thrill... and then you find you have to do it all over again.

Lear

I think this could apply to many situations :)

Well I was planning on waiting till about the three month mark to post some follow up pictures.. I can tell you I think this jacket is incredible and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.. it's been a bear to break in as I did not use a washer machine or other mechanical means to quicken the process.. I did massage the horsehide a bit during the first week to soften it up but pretty much I've just tried to wear it daily.. more follw up pix to come soon...

borisna

A-List Customer
Hey Chi-Town, could you post some pics with you wearing the jacket?
I also ordered a HighwayMan without the front chest pocket, but never seen a photo of one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR