Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new AL-8 ( grainey steerhide)

garzo

One of the Regulars
Maybe they had higher waist's in the 40's .... :) :)

Yep, they sure did ...

Humphrey-Bogart-high-rise-pants-big-sleep-358.jpg

Great jackets, by the way. I too have a couple of Aeros that fit just a tad big but I also prefer the roomier fit, also if I wear a sweater underneath it's not too tight.

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
I would say it's fashion not function...ie you wear a M.C. Jacket but don't ride ( kinda like me)

Or "work overalls" (jeans) when we are not doing manual labour? Or "cowboy pants" (jeans) when we are not riding a horse? Or A2s when we are not flying a plane? I guess there are alot of us "dress men" around.

For decorum's sake, I would suggest not using the expression to anyone from Great Britain. He would think you were calling him a cross-dresser!:eeek:;)

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Or "work overalls" (jeans) when we are not doing manual labour? Or "cowboy pants" (jeans) when we are not riding a horse? Or A2s when we are not flying a plane? I guess there are alot of us "dress men" around.

For decorum's sake, I would suggest not using the expression to anyone from Great Britain. He would think you were calling him a cross-dresser!:eeek:;)

lol I only have one leather jacket I've ever worn with a dress. Well, actually, it was mostly just with a corset and heels.... but that was long before I got my Aeros.

I think it's a bit of a 'Lost World' term.

Yes, we're all Jacket Queen, Girlyboy, Dress Men! A real man wants a jacket that fits like a tent* and weighs three metric tonnes! ;)

*For clarity's sake, it's Stuart Lost World's I'm getting at here, not Plumbline!

majormajor

One Too Many
Veering smartly off topic, I guess it is what we in the UK refer to as an "Americanism".

Americans are wonderful folks, but they do try very hard to mash up the ENGLISH language.

Here are a few more:

"Fanny" in the US means your backside. It does NOT mean that in English.

"Shagging" in the US refers to dancing. It does NOT mean that in English.

A shopping trolley is NOT a shopping cart, "half an hour" is not "a half hour", if you break into my house, the verb is NOT "burglarise", and when I apologise, it is NOT "my bad".

I'd better stop there;):D

Last edited:

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Gents, I accidentally used an expression from my native tongue here. No need to freak out about it. Plumbline's jacket looks great to me, while tight jackets on old men remain rather saddening sights for my sore eyes. And look at this poor guy with the bulging leather between his shoulders and it's too short too!

marlon-brando-schott-perfecto-the-wild-one.jpg

All in all this makes me wonder why the birth of Alexander Leather Co is sparking such amounts of discussion. It's just another manufacturer, shouldn't that be good news per se?

majormajor

One Too Many
Gents, I accidentally used an expression from my native tongue here. No need to freak out about it.

We weren't "freaking out", my friend. It was just funny, I guess.

I think we all agree that each of us is free to buy any brand of jacket, in any size, in any colour.

It would be a sad world where we all did exactly the same:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24